Canon VS Nikon...help..thx thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireZ

Deregistered
Sep 21, 2008
Hi peeps..
intend to get a DSLR.....dunno whether i shd go into Nikon or Canon...
was tinkin of Canon 450D....which i tink..it handles well up to ISO1600 which i thought of shootin nite shot...
but i dun wish to invest wrongly...currently still savin up though..
kindly let me know ya..
enjoy shootin natural thingy...even protrait(human)...nite shot...ar ha...jus enjoy shootin almost anything..
wish to get a more versatile camera....but of coz...no nid high fps coz i dun shoot fast moving objects too...
budget at most $1k..
intend to get 2nd hand if possible..
do let me know which camera i shd go into ya..
cheers...

everyone will tell you, go to a shop and feel the cameras.
which one feels better for you?
also, do a search next time. i think there've been many threads asking the same thing.
i've got a 450d and i love it.

Hi peeps..
cheers...

Do be an adult and make a decision on your own ya...

Seriously. Make the choice for yourself. Do some research.

As for night shots, what kind of night shots? quick snapshots without flash, or nighttime landscape shots? If it's the latter, you'll be using a tripod and low ISO anyway, so no "advantage" there.

Too bad... people is always asking about Canon Vs Nikon... do they know that there is a handful of other camera manufacturers in the market too? :think:

Your title is the type that spurs religious wars leh. :devil:

Dun just confuse yourself with Canon and Nikon. :nono: Go confuse yourself with Pentax, Sony, Oly and Fuji too. Or u can read some review sites.

I was thinking of recommending the Canon SX1 IS . It looks like dSLR, continuous shots faster than a Canon 450D, spot metering, also sports ISO 1600, can shoot portraits and landscape all in one.. and HD video too! So cool!

every camera has pros and cons, the MOST important thing is that you must feel comfortable with the camera you are buying...
go to a shop or talk to friends and hold the cameras yourself... see which fits you best and buy that camera!!!!

In order to help people about this question in future, maybe you can add your views here.

==================================
Why asking such question is futile.....

#1,
#2,
#3,

My views..

In order to help people about this question in future, maybe you can add your views here.

==================================
Why asking such question is futile.....

#1, Comprehensive reviews are widely and freely available, and should be the first point of reference.

#2, Brand-wars are meaningless, childish and potentially never-ending.

#3, Swimmers swim, not the swimming trunks. :bsmilie:

I went ahead with the Canon EOS 1000D after reading reviews and i went to hands on the Canon and Nikon models. The canon model had a better grip for me and price wise was resonable and plus i could get the 75-300mm lens for a special price due to Canon promo. So it was money worth.

So right now i am a canon user so looking forward to attend the free canon photo training class.

Hi peeps..
intend to get a DSLR.....dunno whether i shd go into Nikon or Canon...
was tinkin of Canon 450D....which i tink..it handles well up to ISO1600 which i thought of shootin nite shot...
but i dun wish to invest wrongly...currently still savin up though..
kindly let me know ya..
enjoy shootin natural thingy...even protrait(human)...nite shot...ar ha...jus enjoy shootin almost anything..
wish to get a more versatile camera....but of coz...no nid high fps coz i dun shoot fast moving objects too...
budget at most $1k..
intend to get 2nd hand if possible..
cheers...

Dude... You'd just have to go try them out yourself and make the choice. IMO, there's really not too much of a difference between them, technically speaking. It's the higher end models that are worth splitting hairs for.

i'm sorry for e confusion ya...especially e thread title...perhaps...admin might wanna close for me to further any misunderstanding...
whereas..perhaps ur might wanna pm me directly for comment of camera?!..
regardin 1 of e question...for nite shot..i wanan shoot something fast...not involvin stand n flash..tat's y i tot of higher ISO.....coz some high ISO camera gets a lot of noise..

as for y i only ask abt canon n nikon...for wat i know..they got wider range of lens available if i wanna progress on..n this 2 r sort of common brand which i tot it will b easier for me to progress too when it comes to askin questions...

btw...i'm a peaceful person...sorry for midsunderstandin ya..

cheers peeps

go to the shop hand feel yrself ;)then you may know which one you like

Last edited:
i'm sorry for e confusion ya...especially e thread title...perhaps...admin might wanna close for me to further any misunderstanding...
whereas..perhaps ur might wanna pm me directly for comment of camera?!..
regardin 1 of e question...for nite shot..i wanan shoot something fast...not involvin stand n flash..tat's y i tot of higher ISO.....coz some high ISO camera gets a lot of noise..

as for y i only ask abt canon n nikon...for wat i know..they got wider range of lens available if i wanna progress on..n this 2 r sort of common brand which i tot it will b easier for me to progress too when it comes to askin questions...

btw...i'm a peaceful person...sorry for midsunderstandin ya..

cheers peeps
actually for budget user like me, if brand not an issue then i would have recommend brands beyond Canon and Nikon for example

Pentax K200D with free 75-300mm and 18-55mm not to mention a dry box as well including other things. It uses AA batteries even :)

3085148819_317cfa8741_b.jpg

If you are looking for something more pro and dynamic range then the Fuji S5 Pro based on the Nikon D200 is now $1000-ish.

thx Reportage...nah...brand isn't e point to me..
coz..so far...e knowledge i haf is tat...canon n nikon got wider range of lens..tat's y i tot it will b easier if i settle down within this 2 brand n then i slowly invest on necessary lens since it got 3rd parties len available..
perhaps u can guide me a bit as in..er....does pentax has 3rd party lens?
thx thx..
cheers

coz..so far...e knowledge i haf is tat...canon n nikon got wider range of lens..tat's y i tot it will b easier if i settle down within this 2 brand n then i slowly invest on necessary lens since it got 3rd parties len available..
thx thx..
cheers
The Pentax K200D uses its own mount however with an adapter like so, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nikon-Lens-to...1466264QQihZ024QQcategoryZ30059QQcmdZViewItem you can virtually use any Nikon lens but it has its own limitations and thus 3rd party lens which are made for Nikon. Since the K200D is using built in Shake Reduction, you should automatically get VR/IS functions in any lens used. By supporting K-Mount, it can even support pentax lenses made when disco was the latest hit and everyone wore bell bottoms.

Last edited:
thx thx..
cheers

Does the wider lense choice fit all the body? I doubt.
Go check yourself, like those with heart break on the lense incompatibility of non-full frame compatible lense when they want to switch body to full frame and still sticking to the same brand.

Does the wider lense choice fit your need?

Do you want to compromise quality with price? third party lense normally is never as good as those of same brand. Of course there are always exception and the brand-named lense maker also can make bad ones, but in general lense price is you get what you pay.

Hi,

With your budget of $1k, I recommend that you go to consumer friendly shops such as Harvey Norman and try out the entry level DSLRs from both Nikon and Canon.

You can get the body and a kit lens for that amount of money.

Both Canon and Nikon have their own pros and cons.

To be fair, there is no perfect system out there, nikon or canon or otherwise.

As a Nikon user, I'd say that Nikon has a slight edge when it comes to shots taken at night.

As mentioned by the others, such a forum thread title can start off a flame war.

Please remember to set aside some $$$ for essential things such as

1. Memory cards
2. Camera Bag [unlike point and shoot cameras, DSLRs can't be tucked into one's pockets]
3. Dry Cabinet [to store your lens esp in Humid Singapore]
4. Tripod [for serious night shots]
[suggest you refer to this article (by Thom Hogan) for the hidden $$$ extras when you start out on the path of a DSLR enthusiast

http://www.bythom.com/iceberg.htm ]

A DSLR is a major financial investment.

Another factor you would want to consider is going full frame or DX.
[here's an article (by Ken Rockwell) to get you started :-

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/fx-dx-future.htm ]

BTW :- Thom Hogan is a more professional (and respected) camera guy than Ken Rockwell.

Cheers!

thx everyone...
points noted..
cheers!

actually for budget user like me, if brand not an issue then i would have recommend brands beyond Canon and Nikon for example

Pentax K200D with free 75-300mm and 18-55mm not to mention a dry box as well including other things. It uses AA batteries even :)

3085148819_317cfa8741_b.jpg

If you are looking for something more pro and dynamic range then the Fuji S5 Pro based on the Nikon D200 is now $1000-ish.

Pentax is made from which country?

Status
Not open for further replies.