Canon VS Nikon...help..thx thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am a beginner, I find that it helps to have friends who are using the same type of camera to 'show the robes (buttons)' and to share similar experiences.

Then again, have to qualify that this is only 1 of the factors amongst many other which you may want to take into consideration.

i'm sorry for e confusion ya...especially e thread title...perhaps...admin might wanna close for me to further any misunderstanding...
whereas..perhaps ur might wanna pm me directly for comment of camera?!..
This is a forum to learn and share. How can one share with other people when using PM?
Learn to accept critics, don't put your head in the sands. All those comments here were friendly and direct. Sugarcoated advices don't help much.

as for y i only ask abt canon n nikon...for wat i know..they got wider range of lens available if i wanna progress on..n this 2 r sort of common brand which i tot it will b easier for me to progress too when it comes to askin questions...

Do check the lineup of other manufacturers. Keep in mind that there are 3rd party manufacturer as well, suitable for many cameras in the market. C&N have a huge selection of lenses but for a beginner it doesn't make much sense. Stick to your kit lens first. Once you know what you need you will discover the various options in terms of lenses and other accessories. It's more important that you 'get a grip' on the body. Lenses are changeable.

Go into the shop and start touching the body, harrass it, feel it.

if there was a right answer to this question, the losing camera maker would have shut shop long long ago.

both have pros and cons. up to which suits u best and not anyone here can tell you any better.

Most important thing is that the camera feels good in your hands, and you find it user friendly.

I use Nikon cause I find it more user-friendly, but my friend prefers Canon cause he feels that Canon is more user-friendly for him.

For the technicalities, each has its pros and cons. So ultimately IMO, whether or not the camera feels good in your hands is the most important factor.

I recommended Sony A350, Nikon D80 or Canon 450 for entry level

morning!...ar ha...yup...most probably i'll b goin down to sim lim to get a proper feel of e body..
but..i'm wondering..
any idea where can i can get at a cheaper rate?!
hope it wun b a "war-zone" question again...lol..jus jkjk..
cheers..

morning!...ar ha...yup...most probably i'll b goin down to sim lim to get a proper feel of e body..
but..i'm wondering..
cheers..
simplest answer...call all the shops and ask for best cash quote as well if have extra freebies and just in case, check the prices of any accessories you might also want to get.

but..i'm wondering..
cheers..

Sim Lim is known to be a place where the unwary gets fleeced, you ought to be aware of the market rates before you make your way there.

I recommended Sony A350, Nikon D80 or Canon 450 for entry level

A300 or a200 more in the same class , a350 is different sensor altogether.

A300 or a200 more in the same class , a350 is different sensor altogether.

Correct, but the A200 has no live view. Better viewfinder and very affordable though.

They are both good but have their own limitations. What really matters is whether you know how to get the best out of your gear.

Heh.... oooh.... dangerous topic !

Anyways, I'd recommend that you do the following :-

1. Rationalise the need for a DSLR vs a bridge camera (aka Prosumer)
2. Work out a budget for the camera or body and lens
3. Go into the various shops with a thick layer of skin and ask to manhandle all the models you shortlisted :
4. Make sure u caress :devil:, stroke, press, poke, open, spread, rub, carry, twist, fiddle, molest the cameras and see which one screams "GET UR HANDS OFF ME" and which one oozes "COME GET ME!:heart:".
5. Sleep on the thought for a week.
6. Repeat step 4 one more time.
7. If the camera says the same in a consistent tone "COME GET ME!:heart:", you know you've got a WINNER ! :lovegrin:

Haaha......

Disclaimer : I am talking about cameras only hor. Anything happens to you, not my fault aye ? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.