Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Just got this via email.

==========================
Canon, together with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), invites all photographers - amateur and professional alike - to take part in the fourth International Photographic Competition on the Environment.

This competition hopes to portray that a harmonious co-existence with nature and the environment is essential for society to achieve sustainable development. Canon would thus like to urge all of you to share your personal view of nature with the rest of the world through the images you capture.

A Gold Prize of US$20,000 will be awarded to the winner of the General category, which is open to applicants aged 25 years and above. The Youth category is open to young people aged 15 to 24 years old while the Children’s category is open to anyone aged 14 or younger. Gold, Silver and Bronze prizes will be awarded in each of the three categories.

Entries can be sent to the following address: UNEP Photographic Competition, TIME Inc., 152 Beach Road, #24—05/08 Gateway East, Singapore 189721. Alternatively, web entries can be made at www.unep-photo.com. I would appreciate if you could spread this message to your members / students.

Go ahead now, submit your entries and make your 'voice' heard.
===================

More details are here - Canon-UNEP Photo Competition Website

hi, is there any theme? when is the deadline for submission?

laughingstation said:
hi, is there any theme? when is the deadline for submission?
Believe that the theme is Nature / Environment.

Deadline for entries is October 24th according to the website. Suggest that interested parties go to the website to get more details.

Who else is taking part here?Let's have a sound out :)

So, do you guys think the interpretation of the theme can be very wide or must it be nature alone?

Hmm... Mankind's co-existence with Nature... A pretty wide theme...

I'm not very sure abt participating, especially when it is a worldwide competition....

i tink i will try. no harm trying.
but i dun tink can win the gold prize.
u see the past efforts all those gold prizes are pics of those environmental disasters...which seldom if at all happen in sg.

duckizz said:
i tink i will try. no harm trying.
but i dun tink can win the gold prize.
u see the past efforts all those gold prizes are pics of those environmental disasters...which seldom if at all happen in sg.

not really, a beautiful nature shot can also win, e.g. two pics from japan of a) heron catching fish and b) rainbow over a field.

blurblock said:
Singapore where got Human that can co-exist with Nature?
Actually there is...

The last bastation of nature... Pulau Ubin, Sister Islands, St John's Island, Pulau Tekong (provided u dun get shot on sight or arrested for trespassing into a military zone).

Alright.. I foresee CSBF gang going for this .. :D

Any restriction that the competition is opened to Canon users only?? it is not stated in the website.

jeffhiew said:
Any restriction that the competition is opened to Canon users only?? it is not stated in the website.
This competition was held last year, but I don't recall that there was any particular restriction on camera brand used.

leeter said:
There's one Singapore's photographer made it into the Honorary Mention mahz. ;)

Is it??? I only see winners from Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand,... no Singapore leh... :bsmilie:

blurblock said:
Singapore where got Human that can co-exist with Nature?
Yea... quite true. I tried this competition b4 and it is very difficult as Singapore is no more than trees, buildings and people. Of course there is no harm trying but i would rather not waste my effort roaming Singapore to find real nature. And of course travelling out of singapore to enter this competition is ridiculous. Because you only have a short period of time.

Hi Guys,
Sorry to pop your bubble on this one but there is no UNEP photography competition this year.
As I could only find the results of last years competition on the web link and nothing about this years competition, I contacted Steve Jackson, the guy in charge of the UNEP photography competition and he advised me that the next competition will be in five years time.
Guess that gives us plenty of time to get the right shot anyway! :)

old post.. ryan lee shot seem familiar.
either saw that shot, or it was duplicate somewhere.
(give some moola to kids to jump into water)..

but its a great shot of course, wonder how many times they did it before getting the pic rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.