Canon Ultra Wide Zoom or Wide Angle lens..

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavintan

Aug 18, 2007
United Kingdom
Guys i'm kidda confused with these two type of lens...If wanna start wide angle photography? I've got no budget...better to get a lens that can last me quite long...;)

using DSLR? 28mm (after taking into account the crop factor) could be considered wide while ultrawides are usually below 20mm.

At least, that's what Canon kind of categorized:
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ProductCatIndexAct&fcategoryid=148

Ultrawides might be hard to handle at first cos of the wide angle of view and the closeness to subjects which increases perspective distortion (e.g. faces could become very distorted). Might be easier to start with 28mm equivalent wide angles. Goods ones like Canon 17-40F4L (27-64mm equivalent) could last u a long time. Low cost alternative like the kit lens EF-S 18-55 is actually pretty good too.

no budget? get a 16-35mm f/2.8L IS USM II. =) Great lens.

Yes, get this lens since no budget & this will last you not only quite :bigeyes:but rather looong enough(supposing=in case newer ver who knows right, its techie-thingy);)

Yes, get this lens since no budget & this will last you not only quite :bigeyes:but rather looong enough(supposing=in case newer ver who knows right, its techie-thingy);)

since ts has no budget, simply buy sell buy sell, keep using the top end products. =D

since ts has no budget, simply buy sell buy sell, keep using the top end products. =D

:bigeyes: how I wish bsbs=but:sweat:=:hammer::kok:(qi-guan-yian:sweat:)

Status
Not open for further replies.