Canon trade in program promotion

Thanks for sharing. But sounds to me like a weak marketing ploy often used by Canon.

Not long ago, they offered the discounts without the need for trade-in. The discounts one will get now are no different from the previous ones. Probably they just want people to find a reason to dump their very very old spoiled cameras for a new Canon one. But it's not as if the prices are cheaper.

I also wish Canon Singapore will stop all the free bags, pathetic 8GB SD card giveaway, which most of the time, few would like to keep or use. They should make their cameras just slightly cheaper or allow customers to buy better, higher spec accessories at discounted prices if they wish to.

From their Facebook, seems like need to be working old camera... but yet to check out with their authorised disty...

I think Canon pricing now are quite standard worldwide... grey set no longer give much saving... Example, Amazon selling 70D at US$1099 (The lowest I see is US$999) which is very similar to Singapore price plus GST...

I tried some HK shop before, the body pricing also very similar to Singapore price...

Does Canon Privilege Purchase Program gives better deal compare to this (apart from the 6D and maybe 70D setups)???

The 6D body street price is lower than the trade in price.
Go figure... ;)

Just glad I got my 70D last year under PPP. This offer now? Pass....

From their Facebook, seems like need to be working old camera... but yet to check out with their authorised disty...

I think Canon pricing now are quite standard worldwide... grey set no longer give much saving... Example, Amazon selling 70D at US$1099 (The lowest I see is US$999) which is very similar to Singapore price plus GST...

I tried some HK shop before, the body pricing also very similar to Singapore price...

If the local pricing is more standardize with what other countries are selling, that will be great news... For some reason, I'm still under the impression that SG price is still more expensive in many aspects. (battery being one of it. 1 original battery in SG can buy almost 2 original battery from Amazon)

If the local pricing is more standardize with what other countries are selling, that will be great news... For some reason, I'm still under the impression that SG price is still more expensive in many aspects. (battery being one of it. 1 original battery in SG can buy almost 2 original battery from Amazon)

It is not a blanket thing... There are some accessories/len that is still cheaper oversea. Example, I brought the 40mm from Amazon which comes with free shipping and cheaper than local price. I think as consumer, we just need to scout around... When Canon SG realise that they loss too much business to grey market, they will start to lower the pricing.

It is not a blanket thing... There are some accessories/len that is still cheaper oversea. Example, I brought the 40mm from Amazon which comes with free shipping and cheaper than local price. I think as consumer, we just need to scout around... When Canon SG realise that they loss too much business to grey market, they will start to lower the pricing.
Don't know about you, but I converted 199USD to SGD, it's about 248SGD. Throw in the bank charges and it's just a few dollars from local price. Let's not forget that local sets have 12+3 months of warranty while there's no warranty for the imported lens.

As a reference, I bought a 40 STM locally about 15 months ago at $259.

Don't know about you, but I converted 199USD to SGD, it's about 248SGD. Throw in the bank charges and it's just a few dollars from local price. Let's not forget that local sets have 12+3 months of warranty while there's no warranty for the imported lens.

As a reference, I bought a 40 STM locally about 15 months ago at $259.

I actually brought it at US$129 last year.

Anyway an update on the trade in program... u can apply the street price and get $150-$200 off with any digital camera. no working one also can.. walk around sim lim yesterday... and most shop told me the same thing..

I actually brought it at US$129 last year.

Anyway an update on the trade in program... u can apply the street price and get $150-$200 off with any digital camera. no working one also can.. walk around sim lim yesterday... and most shop told me the same thing..
That's quite a steal... ;p

Donated my old Canon PNS a few weeks ago.
Then again am not looking for a new one.
Wait a minute, maybe Canon Singapore is going donate them too.

any brand can trade in ? need full set?

Any brand can, as long as it's digital.

No need for full set and not even required to be in working condition.