Canon TC-DC52 Teleconvertor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
Hello!

I would like to ask where can this convertor be bought? Last check it was available in MScolor, bu the equote expired!:(
as i was quite busy last week.

Would like to check, is this convertor compatible with A40? Any stepping ring required?

Would appreciate if anyone with this convertor take a pic of the convertor u have. Yup, Pic of the convertor ITSELF.

Alternatively, have anyone just bought a Olympus C210 teleconvertor? i asked CP, but they say they do not have, ( or maybe the shop was too crowded and they do not have to time entertain me?:dunno:

Would u recommend the TC DC52 over the oly c210?

thanks!
i know its quite a lot of qn, hope some fellow users can help me out!

is this compatible with a40?

this is the tc for a40!

but you have a small problem getting this as a lot of shops dun carry this.

I have seen the result in a HK dc forum ..... no vignet even at wide ....for the canon tc......cos it is specially made for canonA40.

take a look here is u want:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10037&highlight=Canon+TCDC52+Teleconvertor

i was on the verge...of buying...but end up didn't buy^^|

oly c210 is a lot lot cheap.....but also a lot more vignet and some difference in quality.

c210(1.7x) is $50 while canon tc(2.4x) is $169. but i think it is worth paying $119 for additonal 0.7x zoom and better quality lens.

but of cos.....again.....the canon tc is 1/3 ur camera price^^|

thankss digiet!

Btw, the price have fallen to arnd 139. Thats what i was equoted. Yup, i do agree that the better lens and extra zoom MAY be worth the extra 89 dollars. Thats why i am really having a big big dilemma. :dunno:

Ah...Haha..by the way, are there possibilites of stacking 2 teleconvertor (mabbe 2 oly c210?) Haha..my common sense tells me no. But can someone elaborate a little on it?

Thanks to all. Would appreciate if someone pose a pic of their oly c210 or the Canon A40 TCDC. Can't really find the relevant pic with physical specs.

Thank u!

this person is a A40 user for quite some time......to me i think he very skillful in A40 ^^| ...maybe cos he also an SLR user.
here is his website......and he owns canon tc 52......and also canon original wide angle! :
http://www.pbase.com/himarj/a40

some sample by him:
http://www.dchome.net/viewtopic.php?t=9736&highlight=Canon+++tc

got another one.....which is testing shoots when he just got the tc.....but cannot find~~~~~~

as for c210 ...u can find djchris, he using A40 also and owns a c210.....he also in clubsnap!

wa.....price dropped..$139 w/o gst right?......$14x ......very attractive^^|

dun think u can stack 2 x c210......cos

1st:
using one c210 already have to zoom almost right to the end then no vignet, by stacking......i think u zoom all the way also will have vignet.

2nd:
by stacking lens it softens ur image...one already soften...add one more will be worse.

3rd:
as u zoom in...u lost some light, by stacking 2, u lost more lights, then u will have great difficulty taking moving things like animals / birds .....

4th:
i think the infront of it has no lens thread...so cannot stack at all.

oh ya..thanks for the reasonings!
But, that further strengthens my thoughts of getting the Canon TCDC52...Ah...hole in wallet!

Djchris, oh i asked him, but he said he forgot to take the pic.. so i guess..its alrite. Cz it rather hassle.

DigiEt, are u a fellow A40 user? care to show me your gallery? :p

Um...external flashes cannot be added for A40 rite? :(

yes^^|......my A40 has been thru fire and water with me for abt 3months ++ hahaha.....kidding^^|

my gallery at :
pbase.com/qiner

^^|...not very pros la...still in learning process:embrass:

comments welcomed^_^

u can use slave flash.....i thinking of getting one.....but dun like the idea of putting flash bracket...[cos A40 no hot shoe...so need flash bracket]

and bad point abt slave flash......

1st:
shutter speed cannot be too fast...cos it will show that two flash not in sync

2nd:
if other than u got pple use flash.....it will flash too^^|......thats why it is a slave flash.

before u buy.....think if u need it^_^

um....slave flash..but i believe its under low light condition den we need flash, so it shudden be a problem regarding 'no shutter that is too fast'? Cz we wouldnt use a 1/1500 shutter when there is already insufficient light? Correct me of im wrong!

'when other ppl are using flash, the slave flash will too'
I don't quite understand this part? Why is it so? You mean the camera use cannot adjust the flash intensity and blah?

Whats the current pricing of a common slave flash and a bracket?

Well, im trying to learn more abt camera technique and equipments so as to improve myself:D I definitely understand the notion that 'dun buy unless you need it'. Again, thanks for reminding me!;) I am nowing gunning for nature and scenic photography, so the interest in TCs and Closeup filters/lens.

Oh yes, i see that you have a macro lens. How much does that cost? What is the equivalent when compared to filter, like +8?

Thanks DigiET.

slave flash.....works by detecting flash then it will flash...thus it will definately be slower. thus if there are other people using flash...it will trigger ur slave flash also^^|

for me...i will use slave flash for taking group photos....

the fastest u can use... 1/125s also.

the macro lens i'm using comes with my wide angle... it is 10x.

use +4 i think is enough la...cos a macro lens itself cos abt 50 bucks if i'm not wrong.

a slave got as cheap as around 30++ i think.......and as expensive as 500++^^|......

oh..so the thing is that the internal flash will go off, triggering the slave flash?

Btw,Your macros have improved a lot! Although i myself is a super newbie, i can see the sharpness and clarity improvement!

Btw, do you know how does the focus lock of A40 work? What does it do?

And, which metering do you use for different kinds of shots?

Thanks.

yup! thats how the slave flash works^_^

focus lock...i usually half press first......but i dun think A40 can really focus lock......cos if can focus lock, then u can focus then start composing ur pics.....but i can't really do so..

metering? u mean the spot metering or the other? i use the other one......but i think if u taking macro should use spot metering

Status
Not open for further replies.