Canon sports photography events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register for canon user only. No NIKON user.
I don't want you get confused whether can register Nikon user or canon user.:)
There's no statement anywhere on the registration site stating that you die die have to be a Canon user to be able to attend the seminar. Pls don't spread misinformation. :nono:

good to know, I'll definitely leave my Nikon at home.
don't want to get glassed by hardcore Canon fanboys after the seminar. lol.
The hardcore Canon fanboys all using L glass, dun play play hor! ;p Kidding lar, I think its ok to bring your camera if you want to.

think they never restrict nikon or canon la...all the event in the past they also never say anything...so far so good
Yah in the past Canon photomarathon also any type of camera can use what....no restriction.

I think it is more for other brand users as Canon would want to draw them in and brain-wash them .......... :bsmilie:

cant brainwash me for sure, I'm sold - Nikon. lol. :bsmilie:

Registered, but no confirmation email was recieved.
I don't think they will send any email to us, right? Because they have stated after the registration " See you at the seminar." I guess that more or less confirms that your registration is trhough and accepted already mah, right?

Just registered.....Should be ok....just bring your ID for identification will do....

See you!!! Cheers!

I received an email asking us to bring the email to speed up registeration process on saturday. See you all there. :D

I received an email asking us to bring the email to speed up registeration process on saturday. See you all there. :D

Ya, i recieved too!!:cool:

Well, yupe. I eat my own shoes! Canon actually did send email to us. Wah, they are really on the ball, man.
250 persons, and not only that the timing is from 1:30pm to 5pm instead of the previously announced 4pm.
Looks good.
Hope to see many of you there.

wonder if parking would be complementary also? hmmm ....

wonder if parking would be complementary also? hmmm ....
Hayoh.. the best is park just underground car park at Raffles Hotel. Save you all the trouble, except save your wallet.
If really cannot - then park across at 书城, my favourite Bras Basah Complex. But this one sure jam one. The other better alternative is - park at the National Library next to Bras Basah Complex. It's cheap and available.

Actually what concerns more to me and my beautiful and better half is, is there lunch provided? If got, then no need to panic.

Hayoh.. the best is park just underground car park at Raffles Hotel. Save you all the trouble, except save your wallet.
If really cannot - then park across at 书城, my favourite Bras Basah Complex. But this one sure jam one. The other better alternative is - park at the National Library next to Bras Basah Complex. It's cheap and available.

Actually what concerns more to me and my beautiful and better half is, is there lunch provided? If got, then no need to panic.

wooo ... ta bao chicken rice go?

both place you mention are quite expensive ... better off parking at raffles city shopping center ...

wooo ... ta bao chicken rice go?

both place you mention are quite expensive ... better off parking at raffles city shopping center ...
Lolxxx... park Raffles also can.
Chances are, with 250 participants, I will be personally very impressed if Canon does sponsor buffet style lunch. Some more it's free to register. And with Canon's profit dropping by 86% I can't phanthom the propspect of free seminar, free lunch... and possibly free parking!
Still... I am just going to try my luck - park at Raffles Hotel, then go up and register. Who knows, that pretty XMM at the counter may offer me a complimentary car park coupon!

Chances are, with 250 participants, I will be personally very impressed if Canon does sponsor buffet style lunch. Some more it's free to register. And with Canon's profit dropping by 86% I can't phanthom the propspect of free seminar, free lunch... and possibly free parking!
Still... I am just going to try my luck - park at Raffles Hotel, then go up and register. Who knows, that pretty XMM at the counter may offer me a complimentary car park coupon!

guess it would just be tea break provided by the hotel ba ... seems like the standard package the last time i booked hotels for events ...

eat before you go .. and bring some snacks for your wifey just incase ..

i just called the hotel ... no complimentary parking ... good luck with your pretty XMM .. work your charm!

They might just trade in that little snacks to offset their MICE charges. :confused: Free seminar, free snack? What do they get in return?
More Canon users? Lol.. :bsmilie:

They might just trade in that little snacks to offset their MICE charges. :confused: Free seminar, free snack? What do they get in return?
More Canon users? Lol.. :bsmilie:

publicity ...

& no goodie bags as well, definitely canon cutting co$t
even nikon gave away goodie bag at SAM talk

& no goodie bags as well, definitely canon cutting co$t
even nikon gave away goodie bag at SAM talk
Yah... actually, come to think of it - at the end of the day, got to queue up curvy-durvy and sweat a whole Lowepro bagful of sweat.. only to find no pretty XMM at the counter, but a couple of not too bad looking bros.. dare not ask them for comlimentary carpark coupons.. and by then to shagged to drink any coffee provided. Only drank water.
But still, seminar was good.
And I paid $10.50 for car park. Lolxxx....!
If got another talk like this by Canon - I believe I would still go despite no XMM.

Went there, can't find parking cos everywhere full house. and then went up and kena human jam. the queue is like 3x longer than a 4D/ TOTO jam....

Speaker shared his photos and how he managed to get the shots, etc. but I really like the MC, the young, yan dao guy who keep using Hokkien.... I laughed myself hoarse when he said something ending with 'kuai lan'.... LOL..:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Anywayz, seminar not exactly free bcos when you went back to drive out of the carpark, you realise what u are actually paying for.... the carpark operator....:sweat::sweat::sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.