Canon, Sigma or Tamron?

Hi guys. So sorry that I didn't know where to post this thread.
Alright. I just wanna ask, which lens should I get?
Canon 17-55mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 or a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8.
I'm currently using a Canon EOS 500D and I've been using 18-55mm the kit lens for like 1 year.
So thinking of moving on and upgrading.
Thanks for the help.

Hi guys. So sorry that I didn't know where to post this thread.
Alright. I just wanna ask, which lens should I get?
Canon 17-55mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 or a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8.
I'm currently using a Canon EOS 500D and I've been using 18-55mm the kit lens for like 1 year.
So thinking of moving on and upgrading.
Thanks for the help.

Sorry... but what do you find lacking in your 18-55mm kit lens? Was it that your reason for upgrading was because you have been using the lens for around 1 year? If that is the case, my advise would be to continue using your kit lens. The reason for this was that you might not know what is missing and until you know full well what is restricting you in the first place, then you know which or what lens to get, might not be any of the three lens you have listed down.

However, if you have other reasons (whatever the reasons) to upgrade, then by all means go ahead and get yourself a new one :)

As for which brands of lens to use... if budget is not the problem, then go ahead and get the Canon EF-S 17-55mm, if budget is the problem, both tamron and sigma's offering are pretty good.

Apart from what Rhino said, you may also want to evaluate your photos and see if a flash will help too. (e.g. finding indoor shots too dark etc.)

Sorry... but what do you find lacking in your 18-55mm kit lens? Was it that your reason for upgrading was because you have been using the lens for around 1 year? If that is the case, my advise would be to continue using your kit lens. The reason for this was that you might not know what is missing and until you know full well what is restricting you in the first place, then you know which or what lens to get, might not be any of the three lens you have listed down.

However, if you have other reasons (whatever the reasons) to upgrade, then by all means go ahead and get yourself a new one :)

As for which brands of lens to use... if budget is not the problem, then go ahead and get the Canon EF-S 17-55mm, if budget is the problem, both tamron and sigma's offering are pretty good.

Thanks for replying to my thread Rhino, as I've used the kit lens for 1 year, I've actually learnt a lot throughout the photos I've took.
I actually found out that I would prefer a lens which is sharper enough and with a larger aperture. I would choose a f/2.8 is because my kit lens are giving me headache whenever it auto changes the aperture. Also cause I'm gonna take shoots in indoors too. Afterall, I still don't really understand about cropped sensor lens and a full frame lens.
Oh and I prefer more of Street Photography and also City scape Photography.
But currently. I'm looking forward to this lens I've chose. Is there any better advices for what lens should I take with my EOS 500D?

Thanks for replying to my thread Rhino, as I've used the kit lens for 1 year, I've actually learnt a lot throughout the photos I've took.
I actually found out that I would prefer a lens which is sharper enough and with a larger aperture. I would choose a f/2.8 is because my kit lens are giving me headache whenever it auto changes the aperture. Also cause I'm gonna take shoots in indoors too. Afterall, I still don't really understand about cropped sensor lens and a full frame lens.
Oh and I prefer more of Street Photography and also City scape Photography.
But currently. I'm looking forward to this lens I've chose. Is there any better advices for what lens should I take with my EOS 500D?

Well... if the range of the lens suits you, then go for it. For me, I use my 70-200mm f4L all the time and recently I have been using the Tokina 12-24mm alot. Not saying that those two lenses would suits everyone but I find them suiting my style of shooting.

Anyway, for indoors or in areas with bad lighting, even a f2.8 might be challenging, what you need might be a f1.8 and below lens or a flash.

And like I have mentioned before, if you have the budget, go for the Canon's EFs 17-55mm :)

All 3 are excellent lenses of different price scales. Just how much do you wish to spend?

All are excellent. If it were me, I'd get the Sigma, but that's me. I've had bad experiences with Tamron's AF system, but maybe I got a bad copy or something.

If money is not an issue then go for the Canon, won't go wrong with that one. But Sigma and Tamron do make good lenses as well.