Canon Seminar & Exhibition feat. National Geographic photographer Bob Madden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a photo from the seminar.

4102499091_59c6050bae_o.jpg

Bob Madden getting up close and personal with a person attending the seminar during FAQ session.

I meant in short, the equipment doesn't matter.... just use what works for you...

but still there's questions about what equipment he uses, pp he does..... as if the equipment will make anyone a Bob Madden.....

While i do respect their guts for daring to ask questions, I do cringe at the questions asked.

It was quite funny when a few times he dint even understand the question and had to get closer...... probably our singlish accent or something....

Oh anyone has a picture of the seminar to share? I saw so many people with big guns.....surely there is....

ya, i thought so too...probably its our singlish accent...:think:

It was certainly a very good workshop, one of the best i attended and def a lot more to learn from him and his experience especially his approach in approaching strangers:)

Hey victor, so your nick is lightning, its good getting to know and chat with you, and thats a big gun you have.

Hey Gavin (hope that is the right spelling), great to know you too. There are even bigger guns out there....:bsmilie: But this gun suit me best. The brothers tasting each other's ice-cream shot was taken by the gun.

Hey Gavin (hope that is the right spelling), great to know you too. There are even bigger guns out there....:bsmilie: But this gun suit me best. The brothers tasting each other's ice-cream shot was taken by the gun.

You have should have posted that shot for critique, it's quite nice

For each seminar, Canon would bring in photographers who promote their latest camera. During the last seminar featuring Geoff Ang, he was using the 5D Mk2 to shoot his 'Supersize' model pic. I'm not surprised that Rob has been chosen for this seminar to promote the 7D.

I just filter out the advertorials and listen to the real-life experiences on photojournalism. Like I said in another thread, the speaker was excellent but the venue was poor.

Looking forward to the next seminar!

For each seminar, Canon would bring in photographers who promote their latest camera. During the last seminar featuring Geoff Ang, he was using the 5D Mk2 to shoot his 'Supersize' model pic. I'm not surprised that Rob has been chosen for this seminar to promote the 7D.

I just filter out the advertorials and listen to the real-life experiences on photojournalism. Like I said in another thread, the speaker was excellent but the venue was poor.

Looking forward to the next seminar!

Initially canon wanted to get the Net Geo location at Vivo, but apparently Nat Geo at Vivo do not support such event and wanted to Charge Canon a price that is out of this world. Actually the National Lib could be another good location, but I guess National Lib will not rent out their place for a business entirety.

i agree too. Were there any more shots?
want to start a thread for shots done in the workshop?
There are....but....:embrass: to show....:bsmilie:

"The difference between a pro and an amateur photographer is the pro never show people their bad photos" Bob Madden ;) Trying to act a "pro" here...hahaha....

Waiting for Canon to have a site for the photos that we took.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.