Canon S9000 Photo Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadus

Jan 17, 2002
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
If high image quality, remarkable speed and near-silent operation aren't appealing, how about unchipped and individual ink cartridges for each of the 6 colours? The photo inkjet printer market is a dynamic one, but now that Canon has decided to play in the A3+ segment of the market we can expect to see it heat-up even more. The Canon S9000 is a winner.

Read here for review by luminous landscape

Actually, I always feel that if you want the best quality and least problems, use original inks and don't refill the ink cartridges. The savings you get from buying 3rd party inks and refills is really not worth the drop in quality, leaks, jammed nozzles, etc.

Regards
CK

how much would it cost? Despite the individual cartridges, Canon cartridges still don't come cheap.

I think that Epson has gone one up on the S9000 with 7 colour printers (individual cartridges) which are already available in Japan and have been exhibited in CEBIT. The price is on par with equivalent Canon models..

http://www.dp-now.com/news/Mar2002/dpnnews168/dpnnews168.html

Originally posted by Shadus
If high image quality, remarkable speed and near-silent operation aren't appealing, how about unchipped and individual ink cartridges for each of the 6 colours? The photo inkjet printer market is a dynamic one, but now that Canon has decided to play in the A3+ segment of the market we can expect to see it heat-up even more. The Canon S9000 is a winner.

Read here for review by luminous landscape

whats the best oem ink available? I've tried Calidad (South Asia or PK Computer Funan) but there is a visible drop in print quality (on my Epson 640, i use originals on my 750).

Originally posted by Java_Guru

I will get a continuous ink system or import the neccessary OEM ink carts. The thing is that Canon cartridges don't have chip protection unlike Epson.

can't wait for the s9000 to arrive. Abt time to upgrade my Epson 810 liao.

Originally posted by mpenza
how much would it cost? Despite the individual cartridges, Canon cartridges still don't come cheap.

I will get a continuous ink system or import the neccessary OEM ink carts. The thing is that Canon cartridges don't have chip protection unlike Epson.

check out DPR Forums under printers and printing. Then search by model no and key word CIS.

You will be able to find many recommendations.

On the otherhand, some pple may call the pple who swear by originals as FOOLS :devil:

My own philosophy has always been that :

IF IT IS CHEAP, IT ISN'T NECESSARILY POOR QUALITY.

To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.