Canon s90,G11 or 500D ?

Ullr89

Mar 12, 2010
Hi all, I'm having trouble deciding which to buy since I've heard that the s90 and G11 give credible quality photos which are pretty close to DSLR. Which would you guys recommend?

I'm looking into food styling photography D:

Hi all, I'm having trouble deciding which to buy since I've heard that the s90 and G11 give credible quality photos which are pretty close to DSLR. Which would you guys recommend?

I'm looking into food styling photography D:
Are you going to go far in taking those pictures or just for leisure?

Hi, I should be going for leisure :) I actually have an canon Ixus 860 now. Wnated to get a D500 intially, but after I looking at the pictures taken by Wendy with a Canon S90 @ www.xiaxue.blogspot.com I'm pretty awed.

Hi, I should be going for leisure :) I actually have an canon Ixus 860 now. Wnated to get a D500 intially, but after I looking at the pictures taken by Wendy with a Canon S90 @ www.xiaxue.blogspot.com I'm pretty awed.
well, coz if you want to take it for leisure den s90 will be a better choice, it gives u the ability to change settings and the ring function is a new concept with the instead change of settings and functions at a touch, and it will be cheaper den g11 and 500d, go down to suntec and give it a shot, try all three cams and maybe u know wat

frankly.. since you already got a compact.. why still wanna go for compact especially u got intention to buy DSLR?

IMHO.. u should take a look at the 550D.. else save the $$

Any idea how much the S90 retails for? My babe wants to buy one... she rather have her own camera than help me carry some extra stuff. :D

Probably the main difference between the photos taken by your Ixus 860 and Wendy's S90 is the person behind the camera ;)
It may not be her at all. I've not seen the photos, but I assume it's generic food photography?
If the product is stationary and the camera is steady, I don't see why a different model of camera will do better, especially since the ixus is no dinosaur.
Understand how lighting affects the photo, and setting up your camera appropriately, wield yield better results than chasing the latest camera model.

save your $$ :)

Probably the main difference between the photos taken by your Ixus 860 and Wendy's S90 is the person behind the camera ;)
It may not be her at all. I've not seen the photos, but I assume it's generic food photography?
If the product is stationary and the camera is steady, I don't see why a different model of camera will do better, especially since the ixus is no dinosaur.
Understand how lighting affects the photo, and setting up your camera appropriately, wield yield better results than chasing the latest camera model.

save your $$ :)

good point there :D

if TS just going for leisure then his current compact to shoot
so just save the money, TS :D ~