Canon S100 lens error

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
My Canon S100 bought in HK beginning of the year... now lens error - won't work :cry:

Any advice on how to fix it? Not sure if Canon SG will do it (for free).

Bring to the service center to have it checked. Just looking at it they won't charge. Unless u need repairs.

I had mine the same problem. I think it is manufacturing defect. Took 3 weeks to repair as they had to order the part from Japan. When I collect mine there any guy also with the same defect.

My Canon S100 bought in HK beginning of the year... now lens error - won't work :cry:

Any advice on how to fix it? Not sure if Canon SG will do it (for free).

Hmm.... If without valid warranty, I don't think they will be that kind to do it for free :(

let CSC check. if the cost of repair is too high, send back to HK for repairs.

Checked with the Service guy when I collect my camera. He mentioned that if without warranty will cost around $150 or $200/-. Keeping my fingers crossed it will never happen again.

gnesgnoy said:
Checked with the Service guy when I collect my camera. He mentioned that if without warranty will cost around $150 or $200/-. Keeping my fingers crossed it will never happen again.

Thanks. On vacation now. Will handle it when I get back.

ask your local canon service center handle this problem and if it have to send to others country let's them handle it
it's must be cheaper than send by our self

index.jpg

US only leh. Singapore how?

Check your camera's serial number.... if it match... then still same... defect is defect. :think:

If not match... use the above 'recall' to inform CSC S'pore that you suspect your camera is suffering the same issue... if they have X batch that is defective... who can said why there isn't a Z batch that has the same problem...

You may had gotten your camera from HK... but production defect should be beyond warranty location.... But could anyone else confirm ?? THXS.

Last edited:
where to find the serial numbers that got problem one?

where to find the serial numbers that got problem one?

you don't have a habit of doing your own searching do you. diver-hloc already posted a link with the answer.

if you'd bothered to read it, you'll find this link in the first portion:
Canon U.S.A. : Professional Imaging Products : PowerShot S100

Tio bey pio ah!

Mine is one of the those in the affected range. Will bring it down to Canon to see what they say. Shall keep you all informed.

UncleFai said:
Tio bey pio ah!

Mine is one of the those in the affected range. Will bring it down to Canon to see what they say. Shall keep you all informed.

Just sent into CSC. Lady say will repair FOC. Heng ah!

Happy to report that I just collected my S100 from CSC. Really FOC repair despite the repair sheet saying "optical assembly replaced"...

UncleFai said:
Happy to report that I just collected my S100 from CSC. Really FOC repair despite the repair sheet saying "optical assembly replaced"...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: canon. :bsmilie:

Good for you. Enjoy your S100 :)