Canon S1 spoilt

Status
Not open for further replies.

snap_newbie

Jan 6, 2006
my S1 keeps showing a flickering purplish screen when i try to take pictures or videos. anyone had a similar problem? would it be worth it to go service the camera?

S1 quite old already...look for the new S3 ba...

but your EVF still working??

nope.. the fault is no with the lcd cos i can view pictures

mine A75.. initially showed the same symptoms as yours... still can take pic and view.

then 4 days ago. permanent fuzzy purpleish and same a[pplies when taking pictures... IS DEAD>..

and is only 3 yrs old... my digimaster some crap brand abt 5 yrs old is still workign until today... wif my happy dad using it...

not sure Canon will giv u a free quotation on repair cost. if got den send. if not giv me? ;p

aft read le den dump to me? :bsmilie:

Looks like the batch of cameras that have faulty CCD. Canon and Sony M'sia was replacing them FOC.

hey snap newbie, wanna go to fix this problem together? i dun wanna throw this camera i loved since i had taken care of tenderly and always in dry box...

is frustrating that after taking care of it so sincerely it still spoils.

the canon centre is the one at harbour front right? but warrenty over le.. they still accept?

thks blu for the info. if not i would had taken the camera apart to see wads inside already.

blu, if interested. pls contact me at 9186 4605.

I think can forget about repairing. Most likely repair cost for CCD is ex.
Start shopping for a new, updated model already ;)

Can't remember but I think there is a longer list. Since I do not own any Canon I cannot confirm it.

No harm going down to ask them to check.
I brought my gf's A95 down to check, which had some CCD problem as well. Its not listed as one of the models with problem, and the A95 was 2yrs old (ie. no more warranty), but they fixed it FOC. And send it to my house via SingPost FOC as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.