Canon S1 IS vs Kyocera Finecam M410R???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampalienx

Jun 30, 2004
West
Hi im lookin to get a 10x zoom DC, n did read thru the reviews of both the Canon IS and Kyocera M410R n even the Z2 reviews frm Stevedigi but still abit confussed by both reviews as thers no (1 to 1) comparism eg from dpreview.com of both cams. Did anyone out there tested both cam... Please giive some advice Thanks.

One is equiped with an Image stabilizer, the other one is not... ... One has a rotating LCD display, the other one fixed... One has manual forcus the other dun have...One has the capability to zoom in/out while taking video the other dun have.. Have personally tried this with fujifilm Z5000, and S1 IS... finally i get the S1 IS.. too hard to resist.. :embrass:

M410R looks pretty good, despite the several features that are lacking which nakedtoes has mention. To me, it has a impressive macro mode, with pretty good manual function ( i think TV is lacking) but the manual function is not very user friendly though....if you're familiar with using SLR type of manual, M410R might be a better choice but if just starting to take up photography, I think S1 IS might be better. Or if can wait, S60 lor...but don't have so far zoom

Zoom while in movie mode? which model? i dun think the Canon IS can Zoom while in movie recordin..only the Z2 can... Plus i read the IS night shot got dead pixel isit? n the Redeye test is not good, i did try out the canon IS however the multi shots are kind of slow, tried the Pana. FZ10 very fast cont. shots..impressed but too big ... Never get to try the M410R but read abt its Rtune.. 3.3FPS which is very fast...n its 4mega pix compare to canon 3.2mega.. design wise i think the M410R is nicer n the EVF is 300,000pixel!!!!.. n durin the PC show..thers offer abt $769 if not wrong bundle free 128 sd card ,charger,some accessories + 2yr warranty! compare to Canon $890 256 CF card self redeem at Canon(yucks), charger + accessories n 1 yr warranty -

Any idea abt the latest price for Canon IS without those packages??
where is the good place to shop for good bargain n good support? How is Alan Photos n Cathay photos pricin? fair?

The S1 IS can zoom while in movie mode, and its much better than the Z2 as the USM lens is pratically silent, so you get to record the surrounding sound to go with your video, instead of the motor noise of the lens.

The FZ10 is a very good camera, however the fact that it does not use AA batteries made me strike it off my list. The original batteries only last around 90 mins++ with continous shooting, and each battery cost around $50. AAs are easier to find everywhere and cheaper too.

The current price for the S1 IS at AP is $770 with the current 256mb CF card promotion.

if price is of concern to you, go for the M410R. its cost $100 less than the S1 and it has a lens adpater in the box which has a 52mm thread size. m410r also can shoot continuous @ 4megapix and at 3fps until card full. only gripe about m410r is the lack of full manual control. otherwise it is an excellent cam.

as for the canon S1, its only plus is its IS. the focusing is super slow as compared to the m410r.

go try out both cameras youself...

i was comparing m410r, s1 and z2. i eventually settled for the z2 due to is full manual functions and fast AF and its cheap $680 with gst (same price as m410r)

hope this helps

Glyuen, i read tat AP is sellin the Canon IS for $770 with 256mb cf card..so wats the price for the M410R n wat bundle does it hav? Oh ya...any idea abt the power usage for M410R? im abit confused cos one thing mised up my buyin for the IS is its autofocus...its kind of slow..taks abt a second or more to really get focus to a subject..did try the Z2 which got a fast focusin..so much better than the IS..not sure abt the M410R thou...but guess it its much better ...

Status
Not open for further replies.