Canon S1 IS Stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slik

Aug 23, 2004
Hey there fellow S1 IS users especially
was wondering whats e use of a Lensmate adapter...
do u need them to fix to a teleconvertor or a wide converter?

Ps: check out wat e accessories this guy has!! :eek: http://www.pbase.com/image/31444583

Dr_ARCHer

Jul 15, 2004
The Lensmate adaptor is for you to attach

(a) the lens hood
(b) a 52 mm filter
(c) the teleconverter
(d) the wide angle converter

Richard Higgs' set-up include amongst others:

(a) a reverse macro lens. Note the blue tape he used on the lens to get this to attach to the Lensmate adaptor
(b) fish-eye lensS
(c) slave flash. There is no hot-shoe mount on the S1, so a slave flash is used.

Slik

Aug 23, 2004
ahh.. i see... thanks a lot DR Archer....
hmm... interesting... buy buy buy!!!
or mabe later... :gbounce:

Dr_ARCHer

Jul 15, 2004
Tell me about it.

I actually bought the Canon Lens Adaptor and Hood, the teleconverter, the wide-angle converter, the IR remote, a dry cabinet to store the equipment, and Photoshop CS to do post-processing.

All this because I went to Alaska and missed out on some great photo opportunities with just a Sony P&S camera.

Now, waiting for the 20D to come. Anyone know if any shops taking pre-orders for the 20D?

Slik

Aug 23, 2004
Wah... upgrading oredy!!! :bigeyes:
wondering how much did u buy ur Canon Lens Adaptor and Hood, the teleconverter, the wide-angle converter for? and where did u buy em?

Dr_ARCHer

Jul 15, 2004
I can't remember how much I paid for those items. I think it was about $60 for the LHA, $175 for the tele, and $175 for the wide-angle. I bought it from SE Asia because places like AP did not have the LHA in stock.

Zenten

Deregistered
Jun 13, 2004
Dr_ARCHer said:
I can't remember how much I paid for those items. I think it was about $60 for the LHA, $175 for the tele, and $175 for the wide-angle. I bought it from SE Asia because places like AP did not have the LHA in stock.
Have the original CAnon S1 lens hood and adapter for sale at $43.50. Brand new. Interested can SMS me at 90530182. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.