Canon/ S-League photo competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianWilson

Jan 26, 2004
Hi all,

FYI, Canan & S-League has just launched a digital photo competition with a theme on football... it could be on or off the pitch. Anything that means something to you about football.

Register & submit images at www.sleague.com.

The grand winner receives S$5K & a EOS 300D. And a ton of Ixus 500, i320 printers to be won as well.

Cheers,
David Ng

-----------------
RULES AND REGULATIONS

The Competition is open to anyone residing in Singapore.

Entries can be in colour or monochrome but the final image must be in a digital format.

Entries will be judged based on originality, creativity, relevance to the theme and photographic techniques.

Images which are digitally enhanced are allowed, but it must not distort the reality of the images.

The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any entries that does not adhere to the rules and regulations of the competition.

Images submitted for the Competitions must be the original work of the participants and they must own the sole right of the pictures.

There is no limit to the number of works each participant is allowed to submit for the Competition. Entries must be submitted online at www.sleague.com. The images submitted must be in JPEG format, with at least 2000 pixels on the longer side and must not exceed 400kb per image. Participants who shot the images on film are expected to scan the negatives or slides into digital files for submission.

The digital files submitted must be named, e.g. Ann Lim Jin Jin submitted 12 images, each image should be named as Annlimjinjin_01.jpg to Annlimjinjin_12.jpg

The photographer's name, NRIC and email address must be duly completed on the online form.

The organisers will appoint a panel of judges for the Competition. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained.

Results of the Competition will be published in TODAY and Shin Min Daily News and posted on the S.League website.

The organisers reserve the right to reproduce the images submitted in the catalogues, or use it for publicity and exhibition purposes, without payment of any fees to the authors for a period of 2 years. Prize-winning entries as well as acceptances will be scanned by the organisers for archival and exhibition purposes.

All Prize winners will be notified by email or phone.

Upon notification, all winners must submit the original high-resolution uncompressed digital files (minimum 2000 pixels on the longer side) of their winning entries for verification. Digitally enhanced images must be submitted with the final file, and to ensure that it can be enlarged to 30 cm x 40cm. Failure to do so will result in entries being disqualified. The digital files submitted are non-refundable.

The closing date for the competition is 22 June 2004. Late entries will not be entertained.

The organisers reserve the rights not to award any of the advertised prizes should the entries fail, in the judges' opinion, to meet the required standard.

Prizes not collected after 3 months from the date of notification will be donated to a charitable organization.

Proof of online submission will not be accepted as proof of submission.

Submission of entries signifies the acceptance of the rules and regulations of the competition.

now the question is, are we allowed to shoot on sleague grounds....(ie. stadiums, etc)

Importantly, what is the entrance fee to the stadium?

I like football but not a fan of S league. :devil: hence not sure of the entrance fees and seating.

The best location to shoot is to the right and left of the goalkeeper bcos penalty box is where games are decided.

If to shoot from the spectators' stand where got vantage point

hi, here's what i gathered at the launch this morning.

it doesn't have to be at s-league games.
It's anything that means anything related to football.
the promo poster had a granny shoot a pic of her grandson cleaning his boots.
so be creative and submit it to them.

cheers,
David

Hmm, now the big question is, am I resident :)

Missed your call mate, but got the info that you rung.

lol

Jed

don't take part
you're gonna sweep a lot of the prizes

be contented with what you have. :devil:

Sweep, sweep what? Actually, I don't have much competition-y type pics, so I wouldn't worry about me.

hmm ?

lol i think all your stuff are just really pro-level.

am a fan of all that soccer stuff you're shooting.
:)

wow. pretty picky T&C's there.

must be able to blow up to 30x40cm. a little hard for those with lesser pixel count, but still can interpolate, i guess.

at least 2000 px on the longer side and still must not exceed 400kb in filesize? ok, guess they're not asking for quality for submission though, but will ask for high res original later if you get a position.

fairly interest 5K bounty, but erm, i'll pass :D

Maybe that's the four categories... student sleague, student football, open sleague, open football...

hi jed hows things, Photoi magazine is talking with FAS re the possibility of allowing photogs down to the corners of the pitch will kepp you all informed

Good stuff John, keep up the good work :)

How're you holding up?

travelshooter said:
hi jed hows things, Photoi magazine is talking with FAS re the possibility of allowing photogs down to the corners of the pitch will kepp you all informed
:blah: :blah: :blah:
Not to pour cold water. If that happens, there will be at least 100 photog and football fans with cameras in the queue for the 10 or 20 places on the pitch.
GOOD LUCK. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.