Canon Rumour: D1X delay & a SUPER SUPER ZOOM 24-1060mm (patent)!!!!

Recap of BG-E6
bg-e6-b1.gif

Note the straight-down design at the left side, and it's without leather grip

BG-E11
IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0268.jpg

IMAG0266.jpg

I'm sure you can see the clear improvement in design.
- First, the rubber grip is now continuous.
- It is no longer straight-down feel, there's curvatures to suit your fingers, especially towards the 90 degree turn part.
- Note the vertical grip, there's a dent in design similar to your DSLR body to accommodate your middle finger. In fact, it's made identical to your DSLR body and 1D series vertical grip. It's more protruding and curving if you make a direct comparison VS BG-E6
- Last but not least.. there's no the stupid "CANON BATTERY GRIP BG-E6" on it!

Recap of BG-E6
Note the straight-down design at the left side, and it's without leather grip
BG-E11
I'm sure you can see the clear improvement in design.
- First, the rubber grip is now continuous.
- It is no longer straight-down feel, there's curvatures to suit your fingers, especially towards the 90 degree turn part.
- Note the vertical grip, there's a dent in design similar to your DSLR body to accommodate your middle finger. In fact, it's made identical to your DSLR body and 1D series vertical grip. It's more protruding and curving if you make a direct comparison VS BG-E6
- Last but not least.. there's no the stupid "CANON BATTERY GRIP BG-E6" on it!

Yes....... very interesting, and nice design.... and it is $400+.....

he makes tat much in a day. i make tat in a mth. sad right? everything going up except pay. :(

ya..newer canon stuff getting pricer these day, hard to keep up.

you foreseen the intention of canon releasing preproduction and disallow for posting the images? seems to like buying time, allowing you to master the cam while they still tweaking the cam.

ya..newer canon stuff getting pricer these day, hard to keep up.

you foreseen the intention of canon releasing preproduction and disallow for posting the images? seems to like buying time, allowing you to master the cam while they still tweaking the cam.

The images can be used. Just tat the exif must be stripped or that in general no one can know its from the cam. Thats all.

Havent really used it enough but i dun think think there is anything wrong with the camera per se.

Maybe something not really camera related that is making canon do this.

Last edited:
Yes....... very interesting, and nice design.... and it is $400+.....

yes indeed.

The images can be used. Just tat the exif must be stripped or that in general no one can know its from the cam. Thats all.

Havent really used it enough but i dun think think there is anything wrong with the camera per se.

Maybe something not really camera related that is making canon do this.

I thought CR says it's some patent issues or?

Could be true, but I think it may be more towards production line issue.