Canon Rebel / 300D users only...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmzarcega

Jan 12, 2007
Woodlands
Hi guys.... just wondering who amongst you still using this legendary :bsmilie: dSLR... or is it only me....??? :bsmilie:

Maybe we can start here and organize an "All Rebel / 300D Outing"...

Its my first dSLR and i hacked it with Russian firmware... i matched it with Canon 50mm F1.8, Sigma 18-200mm. and 420ex flash...

1. elmzarcega

Haha... Me also using the 300D black version wif hacked firmware... Wif 18-55 3.5-5.6 + 28-200 3.5-5.6 + 550EX. Other lenses avail to me are 17-55 2.8 IS USM, 70-200 2.8L, 24-70 2.8, 50 1.8. I must say the 300D isnt a bad camera per se other than a few inconveniences like slow buffer (ARGHHH), cannot select metering, wonky AI Servo.. sigh, but no choice la... no $$$ hahahaha... wish can get a 300D/10 = 30D...

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang

Hmm.. haven't used my 300D in donkey ages. The mirror assembly is out of alignment or something, making the viewfinder and actual image taken off. What you see is not what you get... $200+ (almost 300) to repair. Zzzz. Luckily it's only a backup. But now I don't have a backup.. :( Anyway, up for ur thread. :p

still using my 300D, why change cos my photography not limited by equipment but more my lack of skill and time. Will change if spoilt or unusable, gotto stick to canon though cos lens all canon, in the meantime just loving every minute of using it.

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
3. husaini

cheers

Hey ... the 300D has served me well and will still continue to use it... i'm glad i managed to capture all my moments with it!

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
3. husaini
4. dEthANGeL

i never knew my 300D would grant me a posting opportunity. haha. :p

amazing camera, did some event shooting with it yesterday. great iso management coz took some pretty good low-light shots. the metering, smaller lcd n other nitty gritty stuffs kinda irks me at times, but hey, it's a great workhorse. :)

imho, it's a great camera for those who wanna start dSLR photography with a limited budget. :)

by the way, i just got a kingston ultimate 2GB CF for it. just wondering, does it make any difference to the read/write speed or i should have just gotten the 2GB Elite Pro? given that this rebellious camera is a tad bit dated...

here's to the fellowship :)

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
3. husaini
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob

Still using my 300D... No problems at all since I first bought it... only sent in for sensor cleaning only...

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
3. husaini
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob
6. saifulbahar

i never knew my 300D would grant me a posting opportunity. haha. :p

amazing camera, did some event shooting with it yesterday. great iso management coz took some pretty good low-light shots. the metering, smaller lcd n other nitty gritty stuffs kinda irks me at times, but hey, it's a great workhorse. :)

imho, it's a great camera for those who wanna start dSLR photography with a limited budget. :)

by the way, i just got a kingston ultimate 2GB CF for it. just wondering, does it make any difference to the read/write speed or i should have just gotten the 2GB Elite Pro? given that this rebellious camera is a tad bit dated...

Don't think it'll make much of a difference cos of the limited buffer that 300D has...

i am interested to know the shutter count of each of our cameras here is mine

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
3. husaini - 15k - just sent once at 10k for broken shutter hinge or something like that and did cleaning too.
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob
6. saifulbahar

my shutter counts to date is around 5000 clicks only... which i clicked the 4950 and 50 from the first owner... ;)

i like the most is its grip....since im quite a big hand guy... i cant get a grip of some other dSLR than my Rebel... its too small for me...

anyways...keep on shooting guys... hopefully, we can organize an outing sometime...

LONG LIVE THE "REBELS".....

Bought my 300D 2nd hand and it has worked well for me. Especially like the handling, perfect for my big hands. :)

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
3. husaini - 15k - just sent once at 10k for broken shutter hinge or something like that and did cleaning too.
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob
6. saifulbahar
7. kynoe

Bought it when it first came out and still going on strong. Black 300D baby!

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob
6. saifulbahar
7. kynoe
8. daggerrr

had my 300D for the last 1 1/2 years and brought some of my best living memories out into pictures. even thou it's battered and beaten, it's still my well beloved machine that fuelled my interest in photography..

even thou i have another camera now, the 300D still stands proudly on my table, as a backup, as a part of my journey in photography. =)

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob
6. saifulbahar
7. kynoe
8. daggerrr
9. Stratix

Don't think it'll make much of a difference cos of the limited buffer that 300D has...

thanks for the info! hmm.. maybe i shd get a 30D soon to maximize the capabilities of the CF card...

hehe...

Long live the Rebels!

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob
6. saifulbahar
7. kynoe
8. daggerrr
9. Stratix
10. leejay

I'm a rebel too. Hoho ^^

1. elmzarcega
2. zhikang
4. dEthANGeL
5. stbob
6. saifulbahar
7. kynoe
8. daggerrr
9. Stratix
10. leejay
11. SAMMI(who know nuts bout hacked firmware n how it can help foto quality)

Good camera. I am still using it as a backup. Very nice colors out of the camera. Good ISO mgt. A real workhorse. :)

thanks for the info! hmm.. maybe i shd get a 30D soon to maximize the capabilities of the CF card...

hehe...

Long live the Rebels!

30D's fast. a far far cry from the 300D. using that now. however, picture quality and all, 300D and 30D, cant really tell difference. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.