Canon promo @ PC show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezy1977

May 31, 2004
Loyang
Interested of getting S1... anyone got news of what kind of Canon has? The ST computertimes doesn't have much info on that! Or probably Canon has something up its sleeve and to be announced on the PC show itself?

Minolta Z1 has attractive offers, wonder if S1 can match that a not... I'm keeping my fingers cross ;)

hmm... maybe u can try to get equote from CP or MSColor
coz normally those shop will match the freebies given at the Show n would hv a better pricing... dat how I managed to get my Canon G5 with at least $100 difference with an additional battery

from canon.com.sg, dun look like they are having any promos. mebbe becos they not intending to launch any major models? kinda strange, considering in the IT show in mar, there were major bundle deals from canon. :dunno:

so far, confirm nikon and casio got deals, at least from today's computertimes.

freezy1977 said:
Interested of getting S1... anyone got news of what kind of Canon has? The ST computertimes doesn't have much info on that! Or probably Canon has something up its sleeve and to be announced on the PC show itself?

Minolta Z1 has attractive offers, wonder if S1 can match that a not... I'm keeping my fingers cross ;)
You want to buy an S1? Would you like to own a 2 week old set?
Am considering selling to get an A80 instead.

Don't seem very happening, at least from their website... This is the only section relevant to cameras, so far.....

dcam-laserprinter.gif

today's straits times and Today got carry ads for canon offers. no big deal, IMO. the 300D's same promo - free lens. the powershots and ixus give free 128MB CF and air purifier... (huh??). quite disappointing offers, IMO.

nightwolf75 said:
today's straits times and Today got carry ads for canon offers. no big deal, IMO. the 300D's same promo - free lens. the powershots and ixus give free 128MB CF and air purifier... (huh??). quite disappointing offers, IMO.

The freebies are the same but the price is at $1999 for the 300D kit? Hmmz..

if we buy the 300D during the PC show period but at other places eg CP, AP, can we still get the lens?

I went to PC show this morning and below are the freebies that come with S1:

1) 2 x 256mb CF
2) 2100mAh batteries and charger
3) aroma therapy boiler (not a burner but i not sure how to call that)

all for $899

freezy1977 said:
I went to PC show this morning and below are the freebies that come with S1:

1) 2 x 256mb CF
2) 2100mAh batteries and charger
3) aroma therapy boiler (not a burner but i not sure how to call that)

all for $899

Huh? they include that aroma thingy in the bundle too. i saw it at the booth too but, hmmz, whats the link between cameras and aroma therapy boiler?
:think:

Where/when is the PC show?

PC show from 3jun to 6jun... from 11am to ??? @ Expo Hall 5 and 6 (Changi)

i must say Canon is aggressive this time, so many freebies...

ordinaryless said:
yes, at least from MS colour. Lens promotion until 11th June i think.

I bought my 300D from MSColour on 30 May and was told the free lens promo was gonna end on 31 May! And guess what, when i went to Canon @ Funan on 31 May to redeem the lens, was told OUT OF STOCK! They took down my number and said they'd call me in about 2 wks. Looks like they're extending the free lens promo to 11th June? Not sure if they have stock at the PC Show (can anyone enlighten?) - if they do, then it's not very fair to 'early' buyers, isn't it? ;(

This is marketing. Face it. It happens in most cases, not only at Canon side.

You'd want new buyers who'd generate large incomes, who cares about loyalists or already are owners? :)

Singnet/Pacnet/SCV are all like that, remember?

"New subscribers get... this... get... that" Who cares about already-are owners? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.