canon printer using pigment ink??


Status
Not open for further replies.

kajun_liu

New Member
Mar 12, 2004
377
0
0
39
Tanjungpinang, Bintan island
BCI3Bk is pigment ink, rite?

n third party ink (BCI3bk) is dye base...
have no problem on it...

how bout use pigment ink for colours (ori is dye base)?

anyone try it??
 

Neo

New Member
Jul 26, 2002
1,025
0
0
Visit site
It's a interesting idea, but I dun think it's possible for two reasons:

1) Pigment ink is powder suspended in fluid. I dun think the dye ink print head of the Canon can take the coarser particles since it's designed for liquid. It probably will lead to clogging.

2) There're no pigment inks for the Canon desktop printers.

Epson is the only printer brand with pigment inks, and so far Canon and HP have not indicated any plans of introducing pigment printers. Either they're secretly working on it or they're not convinced of the market's potential.
 

scramblur11

New Member
Dec 9, 2004
1,479
0
0
Sembawang
I thought those older 3 series inks are pigment based, those like BCI3Bk?

Best to use origninal in case your print head spoil and canon void your warranty...:)
 

Neo

New Member
Jul 26, 2002
1,025
0
0
Visit site
scramblur11 said:
I thought those older 3 series inks are pigment based, those like BCI3Bk?

Best to use origninal in case your print head spoil and canon void your warranty...:)
Yup. Some of the models use pigment ink for black, but the colours are still using dye. I wrote to Canon to enquire about pigment colours, but they did not comment about pigment photo printing. They only mentioned that pigment and dye inks do not mix, so photo printing is using only the dye sets, and pigment black is reserved only for black text printing.

Yup. I only use original inks, because I've seen far too many cases of printer damaged by non-original inks. I guess it's akin to asking people to take care of their own health... a fair bit of the population tend to think nothing will happen to them. Live and learn I guess... :dunno:
 

Xing

Senior Member
Nov 4, 2004
1,048
0
36
Lower Seletar Reservoir
Neo said:
Yup. I only use original inks, because I've seen far too many cases of printer damaged by non-original inks. I guess it's akin to asking people to take care of their own health... a fair bit of the population tend to think nothing will happen to them. Live and learn I guess... :dunno:
No leh, dont think the issue of using 3rd party inks will spoil printer's head. however it's the colour issue, I havent seen a 3rd party ink that can match original's colours.... sigh....
 

scramblur11

New Member
Dec 9, 2004
1,479
0
0
Sembawang
Neo said:
Yup. Some of the models use pigment ink for black, but the colours are still using dye. I wrote to Canon to enquire about pigment colours, but they did not comment about pigment photo printing. They only mentioned that pigment and dye inks do not mix, so photo printing is using only the dye sets, and pigment black is reserved only for black text printing.

Yup. I only use original inks, because I've seen far too many cases of printer damaged by non-original inks. I guess it's akin to asking people to take care of their own health... a fair bit of the population tend to think nothing will happen to them. Live and learn I guess... :dunno:
Yupz think the older printers uses all 3 series inks, including colors....nowadays the canon printers only use black pigment inks if I nt wrong.....

agree wih you on the pirated inks.....dun wan spend so much repair printer jus to save a few dollars... :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.