Canon print proplem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

plok

Dec 21, 2005
Singapore, Singapore
Hi,

Any idea what is causing this print streaks?

canon_print_fault.jpg

Am i destined to visit Canon service centre? No reply from fellow CSers...

plok said:
Hi,

canon_print_fault.jpg

If this paper is the result of it coming out from the printer, chances are that the roller feeder in your printer is dirty. Those black streaks are ink that's stuck onto the rollers.

plok said:
Hi,

canon_print_fault.jpg
If you've printed something and the paper is shorter than your print size, or it got jam before it reaches the print head, the printhead will start to deposit ink onto the platen instead of the paper. So when the platen is wet with ink, the next paper coming through will pick up some of this ink.

which printer u using? maybe u can try do a bottom plate cleaning.....it is in the printer maintainece manual.....mine is IP3000....but not sure other printers have this anot....

Its a 3wks old IP4000...and i've stained 4x 4Rprints in the same manner (consistent marks). My previous A4 prints on Photo Paper Plus Glossy and the corresponding 4R sample pack (5pcs) all gave great prints (no stains) earlier this month. After not using for just over 1 wk, i bought the cheaper Glossy Photo paper 4R pack to try and this is what i got.

Can I resolve this or do i really need to bring this down to canon...

plok said:
Its a 3wks old IP4000...and i've stained 4x 4Rprints in the same manner (consistent marks). My previous A4 prints on Photo Paper Plus Glossy and the corresponding 4R sample pack (5pcs) all gave great prints (no stains) earlier this month. After not using for just over 1 wk, i bought the cheaper Glossy Photo paper 4R pack to try and this is what i got.

Can I resolve this or do i really need to bring this down to canon...

Best solution is to bring it back. Bring yr proof of purchase or warranty too.

Status
Not open for further replies.