Canon Powershot G7X

More importantly, what is it in Sing dollars?

Yah and if Canon were to make something exactly as the RX100III, these fellas will say Canon no innovation and just copycat.... Never ending story and cannot please these whiners one.

Yah true to that! Humans are hard to please.

I said "silly" about the whiners in the forums and I still stand by that. Some of these photographers expect the sky and complain about anything.

There's a guy in a Facebook forum who said the new 7D MkII is boring and disappointing. Why not full-frame, and no Wi-fi and tilt LCD screen. I'm like..... How to respond to such remarks?

I'm sure Canon can make a cam like that. But at added costs, will more consumers buy? If really that did happen, then people would complain: Canon has lost it. Price their cameras so expensive! Who wants to buy? Haiz....

So the price is out! US$699. Darn... more ex than I wished in my dreamland. Just slightly cheaper than the G1XII. But to me, it's more attractive than the RX100III. Will wait for the reviews!

Hmm... abit tricky here. Amazon is selling RX100III at US$798 which is around US$100 more than Canon. I have full confident with Canon's Digi 6 processor though and I would really believe that the low light performance is going to be better than the Sony. Will wait and the lens that Canon offer had an aperture of 1.8-2.8 (very fast and pretty good).

Will wait for more reviews to start coming in, but the first few hands-on is pretty positive. There are things that I hope to have in the G7X... but that will definitely push the price up more. I wouldn't say the price is too high or what. It seemed reasonable.

... and frankly speaking... quite tempting... although I still wish for a viewfinder and/or hotshoe. But I can easily forgo those if the reviews are very positive.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/canon-g7x/canon-g7xA.HTM

Last edited:
Heng i bought my g1xii last month, no need to headache.

It's interesting to see so many people write about miserable releases and merely copying. Take for example... People say G7X merely copy RX100III but.... do you think Canon (or just. Bout any other manufacturer) were to suddenly see a competitor's release and then say.. Hey let's do that and in a span of say 6 months come out with a copycat?

Come on... Products are planned, designed and RnD some years before launch. In fact, the coincidence of the similarities in G7X and RX100III in such close launch timing really makes things smell really fishy.

It's interesting to see so many people write about miserable releases and merely copying. Take for example... People say G7X merely copy RX100III but.... do you think Canon (or just. Bout any other manufacturer) were to suddenly see a competitor's release and then say.. Hey let's do that and in a span of say 6 months come out with a copycat?

Come on... Products are planned, designed and RnD some years before launch. In fact, the coincidence of the similarities in G7X and RX100III in such close launch timing really makes things smell really fishy.

My friend... (although I don't think Canon copy Sony in this case), but as you mentioned, products are planned, designed and RnD some years before launch. RX100 is not exactly new in this sense, there are basically... RX100, RX100ii and now RX100iii, so even if it is copy, there is really time to do it (again, I don't think Canon blindly copied Sony in this case).

Yes, many still see some similarity between Canon's G7X and Sony's RX100 (which ever series). However, it doesn't really matter here. As long as Canon performed as promises, it will sell, the price is pretty tempting.

The G7X listed in Canon Spore webpage. RRP sgd$799
PowerShot G7 X

Thanks. I am sold. Compact. Good Sony sensor. Fast AF (initial impression by DPReview). Fast and useful lens. Most importantly: touch screen for fast AF selection.

Will place order for one.

PS: Saw this on the link above. "The PowerShot G7 X makes use of an improved 31-point AF, a dramatic improvement from its predecessor's 9-points ensures desired object is always in focus." What is the predecessor of G7X? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
S$799? OMG! Is this going to be my first compact after soooo many years? I can really see myself using one of this for my work.

S$799? OMG! Is this going to be my first compact after soooo many years? I can really see myself using one of this for my work.

Price point is good, and it is rather compact...

Only issue for me is the 210 shots per battery charge.... seems pretty low....

T K foto posted pic of the G7X. Seem around same size as S120, but thicker.

Think retailers are stocking up already. Alan Photo has stocks in their store, 729 cash payment, 8gb sd card. Extremely tempting..

I feel this camera is going to sell very well. I'm quite certain to get one, just a matter of when.

Suddenly... felt so lucky that I didn't jump in and get myself a RX100ii or a NX mini. I have tested them and don't really like the feel of those cameras... and was looking around.

Just when I was about to give up my search and get the RX100ii (even when the feel is not that great) this camera come out... now I have more choices and I have always like Canon's feel more (for reasons I cannot comprehend.)

So... yeah... once its out, I will be in the shop to test test play play abit.

Suddenly... felt so lucky that I didn't jump in and get myself a RX100ii or a NX mini. I have tested them and don't really like the feel of those cameras... and was looking around.

Me too. I almost wanted to jump into the Sony RX100 M3. Lucky I hold my horses... LOL.

S$799 also happens to be the RRP for G1X. Which will you guys choose? Larger sensor with slower lens or smaller sensor with faster lens?