Canon Powershot A620

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swatch

Oct 28, 2005
Highlander
Hi,
Im thinking about buying a Canon Powershot A620 for myself,just wondering how much is it,and what are the shops that sell it cheap.

Thks!:)

Or should I get the 350D? can some one tell me the prices?

helo got my a620 for some street shooting and have not regreted since, gr8 compact cam with manual controls giving you more choices to create your pix, not just 2 shoot. it has gr8 macro focus (1cm) for a compact cam too =) but if you have $ to spare a DSLR isnt bad tho, but on the other hand, a620 is gd enough for a start...

just sharing some shots i took using the cam
flower3a620.jpg

IMG_0294sengkang.jpg

Hmm. Now i gotta reconsider again. I was thinking between an F11 and the Canon A610, but seeing how your 620 performs..argggg. *headache*
Do you find it less convenient to take the 620 out for "walks" as it's not really that compact?
That's the main thing bugging me right now -- to go for size or what. Cos they are really quite comparable in most aspects.

well, to me its still convinient tho its big. The bulk and weight of it enhance the feel of handling it. Also the size is ergonomically designed to fit your palms, ensuring a comfortable grip. Too small of a camera is difficult to hold and frame tho its easy to carry around.
if you are considering a610 also, tink might as well you add on a lil bit more to get the a620. again depend on your needs also, its juz a matter of megapixels, a610 for small prints, 4R mayb? and the A620 is suitable for a larger print as its a 7.1megapixel
the rest of the features is identical so you just need to know your needs, im doin designs so might need large prints sometimes so i went for the latter.
the twistable LCD is heaven man, it'll help you explore photography from weird angles comfortably. Den again wadever camera you choose to buy its the techniques that make the photographs. just a camera with manual controls will do just fine with the right techniques and controls ;)

I just bought my A620 at $640, which I thought its a decent price since it is retailing at $729. Just negotiate at the shop. : )
If you are interested in A610, there is somebody selling a new one in the buy-sell forum at $550.
There are only 2 differences between A620 and A610. A620 has 7mp and has a dark grey silver body whereas A610 is 5mp and has a shiny silver body. All other things remain.

Swatch said:
I considering this,but not enough money :cry: Do you think that the price will drop around christmas?

Me not very sure sia. I am noob. Maybe you can ask someone else with more experience in this field.

Very Sorryz

Swatch said:
I ordered already YAY!But my:bheart: cant bear to part with the $$

I believe its worth the money if your interested in photography :D:D:D. Have fun with your new camera. :thumbsup:

I have tested the A620 and found that it has improved quite alot since the first generation A80. The focusing is fast and the shuttle lag has decreased. It is a good camera to start yourself off into the world of photography. The swing out LCD also help alot in taking photographs in odd positions.

I highly recommend A620 as a beginners camera if you can't afford an DSLR at the moment.

I am helping my colleague to get a cam this Sat. Looking either at A610/620 or F11. I'm sure some of you out there would have made similar comparisons. Can anyone give their opinions on what you made you choose the Canon over F11? Thks.

First of all, selecting a camera totally depends on you, in this case, its your colleague.
The first thing to consider when buying a camera would be the look and feel and features of your chosen camera. The user need to be confortable with this, else he/she will end up regretting the purchase. Next, consider the pros and cons of the camera and whether you are able to live with the cons of the camera. And lastly, your final budget.

I have not tried the Fujifilm F11 before, but i would definitely go for the A620 because of the swing out LCD. I currently own a Canon A80 and this feature has helped alot in taking photographs in odd position. Comparing the features between the F11 and A620, the A620 does have some winning points over the F11 in this area.

Regardless of the recommendations and comments made/heard, the user should make the purchasing decision based on his/her judgement and assessment of their needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.