Canon Powershot A40 options

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ccmheoa

I were to get the "Conversion Lens Adaptor" for the A40, do i have to use the Canon Close-up LENS with it? or can i use a 3rd party brand? is this kind of things standard???

reason asking is the Closeup Lens for canon a40 seems to be a bit expensive...

Originally posted by PsychoBoy
I am using it with hoya 52mm filters. I think as long as same size should be ok. :)

where did you get the adaptor? local shops don't seem to sell it....
how much did the hoya cost u?

Originally posted by ccmheoa

where did you get the adaptor? local shops don't seem to sell it....
how much did the hoya cost u?
got the adapter with some A40 owners with the help of misato, we ordered from Japan. hoya UV cost me $10, +4 cost me $16 and Canon lens cap cost me $10 all from CP

Originally posted by PsychoBoy

got the adapter with some A40 owners with the help of misato, we ordered from Japan. hoya UV cost me $10, +4 cost me $16 and Canon lens cap cost me $10 all from CP

ok got it...
how come the lens all so cheap? and the original canon one so expensive? wah peng...

hmmm maybe i'll go order it from overseas also...thanks for your clarification..

Originally posted by ccmheoa

ok got it...
how come the lens all so cheap? and the original canon one so expensive? wah peng...

hmmm maybe i'll go order it from overseas also...thanks for your clarification..

Canon one is lens and the hoya UV that PsychoBoy mention is filter.. different thing !

Originally posted by cwloo

Canon one is lens and the hoya UV that PsychoBoy mention is filter.. different thing !

so a 3rd party LENS eg closeup/macro would be just as expensive as a original one?

what is the difference between a canon closeup lens and a hoya +4 filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.