Canon PIXMA PRO Printer - Special Professional Calibration bundle by James Tan

Editor

ClubSNAP Editor
Staff member
Jul 19, 2012
Buy a canon PIXMA PRO Printer & Enjoy Special Professional Calibration bundle by James Tan

Click on the image to enlarge for Print.

The bundle price is good (even lower than US price, which is rare!!!)
I would recommend to sell the spyder pro 4 and get a colormunki photo (which capable for both monitor and printer profiling, and it's officially supported by Canon Color Management Tool Pro) if you are looking to profile your printer/paper.

Where can we buy such speciality ink? i think challenger and sls quite hard to get ? another query is about the photo paper? A4 size maybe able to get from consumer retail. but for A3 size, where to get? Any place with a variety of A4 and A3 photo paper for such pro printer?

The bundle price is good (even lower than US price, which is rare!!!)
I would recommend to sell the spyder pro 4 and get a colormunki photo (which capable for both monitor and printer profiling, and it's officially supported by Canon Color Management Tool Pro) if you are looking to profile your printer/paper.

I have now spyder 3 and intend to change my 2 DELL U2311H for 1 U2413/U2713.
Colormunki Photo is closing at USD400.. that's ex though true that the price justify for screen + printer calibration.

Saw adorama selling canon pro 100 at USD89 but mail in rebate on applies to US resident and limited to 1 per household. Sad, singapore do not have such deals.

Now hesitating for Pro 100, if I should buy it as I fancy Epson printer earlier but have not act on it

Where can we buy such speciality ink? i think challenger and sls quite hard to get ? another query is about the photo paper? A4 size maybe able to get from consumer retail. but for A3 size, where to get? Any place with a variety of A4 and A3 photo paper for such pro printer?

The inks usually available in challenger. Try Challenger Funan or the stores there if you can't get in the neighborhood challenger store. Challenger do carry the Canon and Epson paper as well. Or Cathay Photo do carry the Canon/Epson and some fine art paper (Harman). I am conducting a mass order for Hahnemuhle fine art paper in the non-profit mass order session as well if you are interested. To ship from US, then you need to take account for the freight charge, which is usually expensive for the bulky item.

Last edited:
I have now spyder 3 and intend to change my 2 DELL U2311H for 1 U2413/U2713.
Colormunki Photo is closing at USD400.. that's ex though true that the price justify for screen + printer calibration.

Saw adorama selling canon pro 100 at USD89 but mail in rebate on applies to US resident and limited to 1 per household. Sad, singapore do not have such deals.

Now hesitating for Pro 100, if I should buy it as I fancy Epson printer earlier but have not act on it

The shipment cost for such heavy items probably more than what you pay here and also the warranty issue may not worth to get it oversea. I was fancy about the Epson printer too but I just don't like their pricing strategy here. It always charge premium over the price in US (check the price difference for Epson R3000 and the Epson stylus pro 3880/3885). And the firmware difference also avoid you purchasing the inks supply from US store, which is much cheaper.

And for cheaper printing cost, you may look for higher end model with larger ink tank. The printing cost is usually higher than the printer cost in long run.

And for cheaper printing cost, you may look for higher end model with larger ink tank. The printing cost is usually higher than the printer cost in long run.

I know PRO 1 is of a bigger tank but I think PRO 100 suit me more as I go towards vibrant prints rather than classic BW .. not tt pro like stephen full time photographer.
But large ink tank compared to ink cartidge, not many in the market and when I comparing Epson, their review do not looks pleasing by some.

I bought the PRO 100 back in May, and like you I had difficulties getting A3 or A3+ paper and I did not want to order from US which reallly is cheaper. I contacted Canon and they acknowledged that most retailers do not stock them. They send a stock of A3 & A3+ paper to South Asian Computer at Funan, and I picked up the Luster and Pro Platinum paper there.

BTW, the printout is great!

I bought the PRO 100 back in May, and like you I had difficulties getting A3 or A3+ paper and I did not want to order from US which reallly is cheaper. I contacted Canon and they acknowledged that most retailers do not stock them. They send a stock of A3 & A3+ paper to South Asian Computer at Funan, and I picked up the Luster and Pro Platinum paper there.

BTW, the printout is great!

do you print often and how long can the ink last if print A4 photo all the way?
hows nozzle, any clogging?

canon nozzles got reputation for not clogging. ;)

Some guy called Michael at CP tells me that all nozzles will clog .
Just got to use it often enough.
Or waste some ink now and then .

Is James Tan some guru ?
( not related to the above matter)

Last edited:
Yes. James Tan is professional and guru in this industry.
For a humid environment like Singapore, the nozzles usually don't easily get clog unless you put it there for years, but then you really need to think about if you need a pro/prosumer printer.
I always find the real user feedback is more reliable than sale person.

Is James Tan some guru ?

With this bundle, it comes with spyder 4 but no ink tanks bundled right?
I am thinking of checking out at CP tmr but nt sure if this is more of CP promo or check with Canon better?

Remember to print the eDM and print to Cathay or you won't get the promotion. Give them a call before you go down so that you got the printer ready when you reach there. The printer is huge and bulky and you may need some hands....

Is James Tan some guru ?

Yes. James Tan is professional and guru in this industry.
For a humid environment like Singapore, the nozzles usually don't easily get clog unless you put it there for years, but then you really need to think about if you need a pro/prosumer printer.
I always find the real user feedback is more reliable than sale person.

Although the nozzles will clog less in humid weather in SG, it is best to print at least once a month to keep everything working properly.

Just purchased a Pro 100 calibrated my screen with spyder 4 replacing the aging spyder 3. noticable difference in display colors.

On top of these, whats the $250 James Tan's calibration svc include? Mine is not Pro 1 / 10, so how useful is this?