Canon Pixma iP4680 Printer Label Print Problem

SHLEW

Oct 22, 2009
Teck Whye
Hi,
I need help to solve the following problem with my Canon Pixma iP4680 inkjet printer:
In the Canon Label Print function, I cannot get Chinese Fonts using a Taiwan made
Penpower writing tablet input device, that is writing Chinese words directly on the tablet.
I have no problem when using the keyboard hanyu pinyin input, Chinese fonts will appear.
On a MS Word document, I can get Chinese Fonts, whether using keyboard or the tablet.
My desktop operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate.

The writing tablet supplier and Canon are not able to solve this problem.
I have googled quite a lot and still not able to get an answer.

Thanks in advance.

Lew

Looks like the Canon software does not recognize non-standard input devices. This is a Canon software issue, but I doubt they will ever fix it. The workaround is to use the keyboard, or a different label maker software.

Looks like the Canon software does not recognize non-standard input devices. This is a Canon software issue, but I doubt they will ever fix it. The workaround is to use the keyboard, or a different label maker software.

Thanks for the input bro.

Actually some months ago, I did solve the problem with help from a website forum contributor who had a solution to this issue.
But unfortunately, I did not write down the steps. Now the problem pop up again and I cannot locate the site.
There is a way to make it work that even Canon is not aware of. Can't blame them.

My notebook with Windows 8 and using the same tablet and its standard software does not have this problem.:)

Thanks for the input bro.

Actually some months ago, I did solve the problem with help from a website forum contributor who had a solution to this issue.
But unfortunately, I did not write down the steps. Now the problem pop up again and I cannot locate the site.
There is a way to make it work that even Canon is not aware of. Can't blame them.

My notebook with Windows 8 and using the same tablet and its standard software does not have this problem.:)

try this method.

create the chinese text using ms word document and copy it to clipboard (Ctrl+C).

open CD-LabelPrint, select Edit>Paste Special>OLE Object (or select Metafile). That should work. btw, you cannot simply hit Ctrl+V to paste. you will lose formatting.

you might be interested to know that you can also use the copy and paste method if the text is created using a vector program like illustrator but for pasting, it will be a metafile.

let us know how it works out for you.

try this method.

create the chinese text using ms word document and copy it to clipboard (Ctrl+C).

open CD-LabelPrint, select Edit>Paste Special>OLE Object (or select Metafile). That should work. btw, you cannot simply hit Ctrl+V to paste. you will lose formatting.

you might be interested to know that you can also use the copy and paste method if the text is created using a vector program like illustrator but for pasting, it will be a metafile.

let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks jfoo for your suggestion.
This method was also suggested by the Chinese writing tablet seller, which I do not accept,
as previously I could write on the tablet and the Chinese characters were shown in the
Canon label print text window. This problem only surfaced after my desktop was reformatted
recently and the previous OS win xp replaced with win7.
After trolling the web for few days (I'm a retiree and have all the time in the world!) without
much progress and no help from Canon and the tablet supplier, I suddenly had a feeling that
it could be the Canon driver problem. Upon which, I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled
the latest drivers downloaded from Canon. And Eureka! It worked. Problem solved.
Thanks to all who viewed here and contributed some good suggestions.
Regards, :)
God bless.

SHLEW

Nice. Glad you figured it out! :)