Canon Photomarathon Back On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
KNIGHT ONG said:
Aiya .. shooting D&D on 22 Oct 05 .. :(

dang... :cry:

anyone, for those interested, registration is open to all, regardless of wat cam u are using. i just signed up.

if they are still going to follow last year's rulings, the max res for the photo is 2MP. so, start digging out ur DSLR manuals and see how to set ur cam to the closest approximate. also, based on last yr's experience, it helps if a few of u grp together and share transport. best if u drive, cos it really saves u a lot of time and sweat getting to and from the starting place at ACS barker road to wherever u are shooting. :)

KNIGHT ONG said:
Aiya .. shooting D&D on 22 Oct 05 .. :(
Hmm.... 22nd Oct shooting for D&D? At Meritius Mandarin I presume? :think:

Anyway dat sux too, cos I'll be busy with D&D as well.

nightwolf75 said:
dang... :cry:

anyone, for those interested, registration is open to all, regardless of wat cam u are using. i just signed up.

if they are still going to follow last year's rulings, the max res for the photo is 2MP. so, start digging out ur DSLR manuals and see how to set ur cam to the closest approximate. also, based on last yr's experience, it helps if a few of u grp together and share transport. best if u drive, cos it really saves u a lot of time and sweat getting to and from the starting place at ACS barker road to wherever u are shooting. :)
nope...new rules

"Images for download must be in the highest resolution available in the camera. Images must be in JPEG format only. No raw files accepted. Images are not to be altered by any image editing software."

" The organisers reserve the right to use any submitted photograph for any purposes without compensation to the photographer."

Can't go this round...have a shoot on that day...:cry: :cry:

dragos said:
new rules

"Images for download must be in the highest resolution available in the camera. Images must be in JPEG format only. No raw files accepted. Images are not to be altered by any image editing software."
Kinda figures as mentioned in the following... :bsmilie:

+evenstar said:
" The organisers reserve the right to use any submitted photograph for any purposes without compensation to the photographer."

"The organisers reserve the right to use any submitted photograph for any purposes without compensation to the photographer."

How come no one KPKB on this rule for this Photo Marathon? :think:

Interesting. All other "less glam" photo competitions with the above regulation get bashing; now no one bash Canon for setting this rule. :sticktong They didn't even say they will provide credit to the photographer if the photo is used.

Anyway, got church service on Saturday evenings, can't go. :cry:

jsbn said:
Hmm.... 22nd Oct shooting for D&D? At Meritius Mandarin I presume? :think:

Anyway dat sux too, cos I'll be busy with D&D as well.

Nope .. closeby .. name also close .. :sweat: Marina Mandrain ... :bsmilie:

+evenstar said:

Can't go this round...have a shoot on that day...:cry: :cry:

Ok that just blows.

dragos said:
nope...new rules

ah! dats new. thanks for highlighting it, dragos! :)

but... with the clause of using our photos without permission.. i thot these people who have wised up by now? in JC is going to shoot again, like last yr, mebbe he oughta go 'wake up their ideas'.... :think:

mebbe the canongraphers can feedback to the organisers?

nightwolf75 said:
ah! dats new. thanks for highlighting it, dragos! :)

but... with the clause of using our photos without permission.. i thot these people who have wised up by now? in JC is going to shoot again, like last yr, mebbe he oughta go 'wake up their ideas'.... :think:

mebbe the canongraphers can feedback to the organisers?
It adds up, 2mp they can't do much, if we all submit like 6MP and above, they can do lots more, thus the requests for "max sized photos" this time + "all your photos are belong to them" clause :)

I'm still going anyway :lovegrin:

+evenstar said:

what's the big deal here?

if ur photo is crap, they r not gonna use it anyway.

if ur photo is fab, they would have paid u prize money for it.

what do they use the photos for?

to publicise canon photo marathon 2006 lor!

Go go go!!!

:cheergal: Nikon Team :cheergal:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Nope .. closeby .. name also close .. :sweat: Marina Mandrain ... :bsmilie:
Aiyah, wasted. :s13: Last year skyestang covered my office one.

I thought this year will see another fellow CSer. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.