Canon Photographer of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Kudos to Canon for organising this event. However, it is rather low profile despite all the ads in the Clubsnap. Only get to know about it on the closing date of the Mar submission.

http://www.digitaldreams.com.sg/poty/

After going through the pics and looking at the votes, I have to conclude that the judging system is rather kelong. It is not the best picture wins. But rather, the one who creates the most accounts, wins.

Hi Keng Hor,

Not true lah... you did pretty well too. I saw your macro close-up of your flower... voted for you as well! You got 29 votes... that's pretty good! :thumbsup:

Just like Singapore Idol and American Idol.....there is never a far way to judge. Why not submit a crap photo and ask 100 people to vote. So end of the day Canon will know what is the problem.:bsmilie: Their Photographer of the year produce crap photo.

Just like Singapore Idol and American Idol.....there is never a far way to judge. Why not submit a crap photo and ask 100 people to vote. So end of the day Canon will know what is the problem.:bsmilie: Their Photographer of the year produce crap photo.

No need to ask people to vote for u.
Keep creating accounts and vote for yourself. U'll be rewarded with an ixus camera every month and a 5d2 with L lens at the end of the year.

Hi Keng Hor,

Not true lah... you did pretty well too. I saw your macro close-up of your flower... voted for you as well! You got 29 votes... that's pretty good! :thumbsup:

Thanks.
I've to confess that 1 vote is from myself. Another from my wife.

Last edited:
Just notice the first prize is a
EOS 5D Mk II with EF 28-105mm f/4 L IS USM

But What I know this lens is Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM no IS and not f/4.....

is that a mistake or what???!?!?!!?:think:

Keep creating accounts and vote for yourself. U'll be rewarded with an ixus camera every month and a 5d2 with L lens at the end of the year.

For every account you register, it has to be accompanied with an I.C. no. How many I.C.s do you carry?

It is not the best picture wins. But rather, the one who creates the most accounts, wins.

ha ha... a very funny joke...
really had a nice laugh... :)
:bsmilie:

will create an account and vote for you... :thumbsup:

Just notice the first prize is a
EOS 5D Mk II with EF 28-105mm f/4 L IS USM

But What I know this lens is Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM no IS and not f/4.....

is that a mistake or what???!?!?!!?:think:

hmm. think they meant the 5DII kit thus shld be 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM bah..

will create an account and vote for you... :thumbsup:

Please don't give me your vote cos we are from CS.
Vote for the pic u think is worthy.

Else another type of kelong...

Please don't give me your vote cos we are from CS.
Vote for the pic u think is worthy.

Else another type of kelong...

Truly agreed :thumbsup:

Thanks.
I've to confess that 1 vote is from myself. Another from my wife.

We can vote for our own photos?

The brains behind the judging process must be one sick dude - (no offense to self voters ah)

Err...let me create the NRIC generator...:bsmilie: where is my source code during my Uni-days? Anyone some nos.?:p:sweat:

Wee... I'm your long time fan... continue to post every theme... if u win at the end of the year... don't forget to pass me your used 5D MkII after you get the new one... :bsmilie:

We can vote for our own photos?

The brains behind the judging process must be one sick dude - (no offense to self voters ah)

Hmmm... food for thought... would we prefer someone to judge the photos submitted, or go for the current voting system? Or perhaps 50/50 system of judging and voting?

For every account you register, it has to be accompanied with an I.C. no. How many I.C.s do you carry?

IC Generator? Google

Hmmm... food for thought... would we prefer someone to judge the photos submitted, or go for the current voting system? Or perhaps 50/50 system of judging and voting?

:think:maybe 50/50 would be as it would probably add some impartiality to the judging process?

Judges to shortlist 10 best or something, public voting and panel of judges to decide?

Judges to shortlist 10 best or something, public voting and panel of judges to decide?

Yeah, there should be a shortlist. Its nuts man. There is something like 13 pages of 8 pictures each. Which makes it about 100 pages to look through before voting (for serious voters). Its no wonder that this becomes a popularity contest.

They should shortlist it to 10 or something. Only then should they let the public to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.