Canon Photographer of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to weekh for winning the March theme! The flower certainly glows with colour! :)

By the way, there's no Jan or Feb?

It only started in March I think...

By the way, the theme for April is water... quite a few stunning entries already... :)

It only started in March I think...

By the way, the theme for April is water... quite a few stunning entries already... :)

Ah...okay. Because they had a Jan and Feb on the past winners I thought that they removed the images after a month :dunno:

Me being typically kiasu, I was one of the first few to upload for the month of April...at least missing out on 1 month isn't so bad...still got 11 to enter. :bsmilie:

I rather agree that a panel of judges should choose the winner than public voting- if there is a flawed system of tracking the authenticity of accounts.

I still see...the most votes win as the judging criteria.

Huh? Where? The system has been changed to a judging system instead of a voting system. Did you refresh your browser cache?

I'm going out to take some water shots this weekend! :bsmilie:

Huh? Where? The system has been changed to a judging system instead of a voting system. Did you refresh your browser cache?

I'm going out to take some water shots this weekend! :bsmilie:

Okay, the wordings has changed from highest vote to highest points. But I want to know is they consider the top 5 of each mth or top 10? The rules and regulation is a bit blurr.

Well... according to the rules page, the top 10 photos will receive points... pretty clear there... just click on the table link to see the points allocation.

http://www.digitaldreams.com.sg/poty/submit.php

Sounds like it's inspired by the F1 rules!

They also mention something about the top 5......

They also mention something about the top 5......

Haha... I see what you mean now! But the points for March was awarded to the top ten pictures, so that should be correct instead of top five...

BTW, congrats to KengHor for winning the March contest! :thumbsup:

But What I know this lens is Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM no IS and not f/4.....

is that a mistake or what???!?!?!!?:think:

The 28-105 f/3.5-4.5 lens exists. It is a cheap old lens with poor optical quality.

Last edited:
The lens in the top prize is the 24-105mm f/4 IS L USM lens that comes with the EOS 5D Mk II kit...

Thanks. I'm just lucky to win in the first round.

Let's hope to see more solid submissions in the coming months!

PS:
If only they also allow DSLR user to submit uncropped photos in 800X533 (3X2) format. I'm no fan of the 4:3 format.

congrats kh. love the composition and colors. i hope canon bar you from taking part in future comps! :p

do you know when is the closing date for each month?

Well for March they had said the 20th, but they removed that clause from the rules so one has to assume that the deadline is midnight on the last day of the month.

Thanks. I'm just lucky to win in the first round.

Let's hope to see more solid submissions in the coming months!

PS:
If only they also allow DSLR user to submit uncropped photos in 800X533 (3X2) format. I'm no fan of the 4:3 format.

Agree with you! They ask for people with EOS cameras to submit:thumbsd:, and yet need to crop to 800x600:dunno:

It'll be interesting if next month's theme becomes something like "Light show" haha :bsmilie: then the wares that he's hawking might become suddenly popular.

If only I had realized that it can be either 800x600 or 600x800...I thought it was limited to landscape orientation only...haizzz...I have another droplet that's better but shot in portrait mode... :(

Too bad cannot remove and resubmit liao! ARGH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.