Canon Over Nikon

darktear82

Feb 28, 2010
Good day to all..

newbie here wanting to get a DSLR but unsure which one is better. However, been looking and reading through articles over the 2 models. They are the Nikon D90 and Canon 500D. So now still thinking over the models. Any advices anyone or is there other brands which are around these areas.

thanks for the help..
:)

Seems like you already made a decision based on your title. ;)

But seriously, you need to understand which system suit your needs better. There is no absolute winner among all the brands.

Seems like you already made a decision based on your title. ;)

But seriously, you need to understand which system suit your needs better. There is no absolute winner among all the brands.

Yup agree with bro Daredevil.. And I've seen too many times stereotypical people writing off competitive brands like Olympus and Sony.

Nonetheless, don't give in to peer pressure, nor brand-conciousness!!!

Hi there,

thanks for the info as i didn't notice there's a same topic on that.

Will think about it and see how its goes.

Nice day..
cheers:D

welcome to CS...

though I'm a Nikon user and tend to be biased towards it, I'd just like to inform you that there are many many other brands out there besides just Nikon and Canon.
There are some which have priced their cameras very aggressively to compete.

And in the majority of situations all of them will be good enough for you :)

i got a canon and i like my canon. my friend got a nikon and he likes his nikon.

go to shop and feel both cams. i think it will really help in your decision making.

go with whatever you're familiar with.

I had a powershot A710IS and SX110IS before deciding to plunge into the DLSR realm.
I got myself a 50D because im very comfortable with Canon user interface.

I also use a Nikon D300 for aerial photography work but I honestly have no idea how to use it. Its left on Auto all the time.

go with whatever you're familiar with.

I had a powershot A710IS and SX110IS before deciding to plunge into the DLSR realm.
I got myself a 50D because im very comfortable with Canon user interface.

I also use a Nikon D300 for aerial photography work but I honestly have no idea how to use it. Its left on Auto all the time.

aerial? like taking photos of planes? can you just use your 50D to do that? why purchse an additional d300? sorry just curious.

If you have narrowed to Canon or Nikon then you have to see what photography you are into. Look at the lens available and see which fits into your budget. Most importantly go to a shop that carries both brands and hold the camera with the lens you wanted. See which one feels better for you.

aerial? like taking photos of planes? can you just use your 50D to do that? why purchse an additional d300? sorry just curious.

nope. the camera is mounted on an radio controlled helicopter.

The D300 is not my personal property but i have no idea why upstairs management decide to get such a high end(and not to mention HEAVY) DSLR for that purpose.

As usual... if people don't understand the differences between each model, they tend to buy the most expensive one within budget... thinking that it's the best.

if my company gave me $3000 budget to buy a camera for work purposes, I would also go crazy and buy D300s + all the extras, when probably the D3000 will do ;)

Last edited:
U can try looking at sony as an alternative.

Won't that be very heavy for it to take off? Hmmm how do you hold the camera/lens in place?

Just curious :)

The D300 is not my personal property but i have no idea why upstairs management decide to get such a high end(and not to mention HEAVY) DSLR for that purpose.

Any pic to show ? I am curious how it's like being mounted on radio controlled helicopter.... Should be cool :cool:

*Sorry Ts , i come in to post the above~ :bsmilie:

Other than being curious about what a D300 mounted on a radio controlled helicopter looks like, am also wondering what kind of pictures this is used to take?

Cheers:)