Canon or Panasonic

GReddy G9 RS

Nov 22, 2010
Hi bro and sis,

I'm new to this forum and also new to camera, will like to heard some advise cos can't decide whether to buy Canon SX30($670) or Panasonic DMC-FZ40 ($610).

Thanks.

PS: Heard from friend that Canon night shoot not so good, is it true?

If low light / night shots are important to you, why not get an entry-level DSLR for the same price?

Hi bro and sis,

I'm new to this forum and also new to camera, will like to heard some advise cos can't decide whether to buy Canon SX30($670) or Panasonic DMC-FZ40 ($610).

Thanks.

there are also the fujifilm cameras to consider....

Not sure about now, last pns I bought is 4 years ago but from what I know all pns will try to find ways to compensate for low light so that your shot will be reasonably sharp hand held. This finding ways may include bumping up the iso, etc.... and you may find the night photos quality are far from ideal.

Hi bro and sis,

Thanks.

all compact cameras have problems with night shots and noise, because of the small sensor.

this is if you want to take portraits of people, or moving things i guess...

but if you use a tripod, today's compact cameras are fine too.

I heard from a friend that brand doesn't matter, the brain is behind the viewfinder. Or to be expected :bsmilie:

Thanks for all your replies. I just need a camera which is better than my current Canon IXUS 80IS cos sometime I take pictures and video of race cars and also my daughter (need to zoom in and out) not really into pro for DSLR and haha... to lazy to change lens. So between Panasonic DMC-FZ40 and Canon SX30 which will be a better choice?

can consider panasonic LX-5 or Ricoh grd3 for compact.... or GF2