canon or nikon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYLBORN

Apr 24, 2009
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
guys, need your help ! I own a canon 450d and would like to shoot wedding events.
i just went to a professional wedding shooting course recently. I've noticed tht, the PRO
using Nikon so like the other participants. Should i go for nikon too. Moreover the Nikon Academy offers alot of tutorial courses regularly. Comments PLz !!!

guys, need your help ! I own a canon 450d and would like to shoot wedding events.
i just went to a professional wedding shooting course recently. I've noticed tht, the PRO
using Nikon so like the other participants. Should i go for nikon too. Moreover the Nikon Academy offers alot of tutorial courses regularly. Comments PLz !!!

lol. if the "PRO" use kodak disposable also you change to disposable?

Well, there could be a lot of reasons for you to switch camp, but some how, the reason you mentioned seems not valid to me.

I would say, if you own / use Nikon before, you may switch, as you have familiar with it before, thus you don't need longer time to understand your cam.

If you just own the 450D / your 1st dslr, why don't you take your time to understand and master your camera?

IMO, simply follow what others do will not help you a lot....

ever consider sony for the built in supersteadyshot...? something that is missing in canon nikon....

jolly well read the T&C. such threads are not allowed. thread reported.

woww......even in the general photography chat..........?

i kanna warning before for merely mentioning nikon in a sony forum.........

WOW...
brand vs brand seems to be heavily contested in all threads... LOL :bsmilie:

saw a similar thread at the other side... ;p

we'll be watching this thread. =)

every camera is a good camera
just as long as you know how to use it.

yes, even a P&S camera

even if you have a PRO camera that makes you go WOW
and you don't know the camera well, your images will eventually not be WOW

Its the techniques you should be looking at.

every camera is a good camera
just as long as you know how to use it.

yes, even a P&S camera

even if you have a PRO camera that makes you go WOW
and you don't know the camera well, your images will eventually not be WOW

That is so true..

The person behind the camera is a much bigger in creating great images, not the camera.

Dear TS,

Justify your switch of camps by your needs, requirements, and personal fundings. Don't switch camps because many "PROs" are into it. I was a camp-switcher previously, from Sony A200 to Nikon D300 but the switch were mainly due to the likes of ergonomics of Nikon bodies, I, too have a lot of buddies, friends, brothers and sisters using Canon-systems but that doesn't mean I have to follow their suits and persue for Canon systems. Likewise, if you watch as many English Premiere Leagues game, many of the featured "PRO" photographers were using Canon-systems with their Canonic super telephoto lens, so are you going to return to the arms of Canon when you are moving towards sports-photography?

As mentioned in other threads who oftened mentally-challenged between Canon and Nikon by their brands. For goodness sake, brands and camera-bodies are just a tool to pair-up with the users. A truly good and amazing photographs, comprises a good timing, a good opportunity and a good set of skills you possess over your camera-system. Without good skills and abilities to manipulate your camera-system, even a primary school kid using a phone camera can take better than yours.

Truth and facts can be hurtful but don't dwell and overly possessive over camera-systems, hone your skills and fully utilised your 450D's functions and capabilities. Need be, invest on lens... they are the eyes that made your photographs look good.

Look around threads, you will see the wonders of Point-and-Shoot and Prosumer cameras which captured shots that are equally if not far better than some dSLRs.

regards

PS: hope i didnt offend anyone or any brands ;)

i just went to a professional wedding shooting course recently. I've noticed tht, the PRO using Nikon so like the other participants. Should i go for nikon too. Moreover the Nikon Academy offers alot of tutorial courses regularly. Comments PLz !!!

Monkey see, monkey do? Can you tell from looking at the prints whether Canon or Nikon was used? Or maybe it was even Sony, Pentax ..?
Focus on your photographic skills, they play a bigger parts in the process of capturing good images then just the camera. Courses should not be linked to certain brands, that's a bit fishy. There are plenty of other companies and institutions offering photographic courses.

frenz, Not bcos the "pro" using it. Its bcos of the Academy organizes courses tht i wanted. attended twice and i felt their doing great to be honest. Canon i dont really see such (regularly). im sorry if i hurt anybody here.

frenz, Not bcos the "pro" using it. Its bcos of the Academy organizes courses tht i wanted. attended twice and i felt their doing great to be honest. Canon i dont really see such (regularly). im sorry if i hurt anybody here.
you might want to consider improving your use of english.

alamak, just a camera only lar, how can it be hurt??? :bsmilie:

HUA HEE TIO HO! :D

[VID]Z9qGmA5rHmc[/VID]

Status
Not open for further replies.