Canon or Nikon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrc0w

Jul 22, 2008
Pardon my ignorance, this is a the question i have been asking myself before i got my first DSLR camera. i hope to hear from you guys of the advantages and disadvantages. As far as i know from the sales person, these 2 are the trusted companies.

so guys share your opinions !

:think:

which one sound better to you? That's the one u shld get.

either... ...or... ...

Er, this question comes up about 2 times a week. Please do a search before a C vs. N flame war erupts.

on a side note, Don't dismiss the Olympus, Pentax and Sony cameras that easily. Salespeople will push the products with the biggest margin, regardless of reliability.

ARRHHH FANBOYISMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

you dont want that to happen. google - it saves lives

My opinion: if it's possible at all, firstly get an idea of how far you imagine yourself going into the hobby. If you're just tinkering and can say with determination at this point you'll never see yourself spending thousands on equipment and will remain a casual amateur, I think any one of the entry DSLRs with kit lenses will serve your needs. What you'll want to do then is to figure out how much you want to spend on the first DSLR kit, then identify the models within this price range from each of the major players (Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Sony).

If on the other hand you may seriously get into this hobby + you have enough disposable income, then you'll want to think through which camera system to start into. The initial outlay and any cost of changing families at entry won't be too high thankfully, but if you can make the right choice of camera system at the beginning and will stick through with it, so much the better.:)

Go read up more... and

MOST OF ALL...

Go handle the equipment to see which you'd like better in your hands. Each person have their preferences. So nothing better or not better...

Oh noos! not again! :eek:(well, guess i shouldn't be surprised since it happens so often :bsmilie:)

well, mrc0w, BOTH are good. :sweat:
As for what's your definition of 'good' its up to you to research,find out your needs & conclude which DSLR meets them :think:

But if you still haven't a clue...Go buy both a Nikon D3 & a Canon EOS 1D Mark III.

That is the one true path towards capturing pictures that make ppl go WOW:thumbsup:

Simple reminder my mom used to nag about - if you cant decide, DONT BUY!
Use the $$$ to eat - open table blanja us all. hehehe...

Cos the first step you already undecided; then you'll be more undecided later, and perhaps forever...

Status
Not open for further replies.