canon or nikon??? help

Status
Not open for further replies.

longkanghee

Dec 18, 2006
north side
after think for the pass 2 weeks i still cant make up my mind on getting nikon or canon slr camera.... hais... i relli wanted to get my first slr camera n last me quite some time... but i relli cant think of the specific brand i wan.... 350d or d80... can someone help me??? :dunno:

after think for the pass 2 weeks i still cant make up my mind on getting nikon or canon slr camera.... hais... i relli wanted to get my first slr camera n last me quite some time... but i relli cant think of the specific brand i wan.... 350d or d80... can someone help me??? :dunno:

every few days, there's someone who would ask the same questions over and over again. go take a look at canon and nikon sub-forum. and newbie forums and do your searches. it's ultimately down to your preference and usuage.

choose canon :thumbsup:

Not too sure how you define "last you quite some time" :dunno:

either a 400D or a d80 wont be wrong. ;p

go to both nikon/canon forum and read more then find you liking.

Lol Canon users normally says get Canon.

I say try both out. And decide which one you prefer. Handling etc. Anyway, D400 vs D80 would be a better choice. Other contenders would be D200 and 30D.

Either the Nikon D80 or the Pentax K10D would be a good start for a dslr beginner. :thumbsup:

End of this month, i'm getting the D80. ;)

both d400 & d80 are good.

just go down 2 e shop and try both.
ur spending ur $$ so get 1 that u like, ie. the design ... grip ...
since i believe both d400 & d80 are gd stuff :p
unless u getting 2nd hand lah ... den c which 1 more value for $$
my 2cents

my frenz will always me this question when it come 2 laptopz, cause i pc guy haha...
2 mi, since your paying with ur $$, and if performance about the same, just get 1 which u like in terms of look and design.
unless u got sponser, den get the best haha

1) If you can afford to pay for D80 then get it. If not, 350D is much cheaper.
2) Decide on how serious a photographer are you.

Both are very good cameras.

If you are comparing 350D and D80, the answer is pretty obvious. 350D is just way too far from D80. No offense to 350D users, they are not in the same generation or category. It won't be too wrong to join in either camp since both have so many members.

Well, it depends on you as the user. Are you already using an SLR, so you know what you need or don't need? You have got to set your own criterias. Do up a checklist of what you want first. Do research on the web to compare the models. Then go to the shops to try out the different models. See which one you like to use. Finally, work out your budget. If not enough money, then don't bother getting the high end ones, cause even beginner models will allow you to practise and get the photographs.

If you are a beginner, the Nikon D40 is an affordable, easy to use camera to consider.

If you like both brands and cannot decide which one to get. Check out your family members, best friends and close colleagues who own DSLR and get the same brand as they own. Later you can share , borrow and test the lens with/from them :)

Fuji F30... try it and u will forget the rest be it dslr or compact.:thumbsup:

What do you want to shoot? Any brand is good but you have to consider yr future upgrades, lens, flash, etc.

At end of the day you will realise that its you, the person behind the camera that is the major consideration. The 2nd hand price for canon 20D is very afordable and its perform better than the 350D. Nikon have bigger viewfinder which is good if you are into details like macros.

Try out the cameras of yr choice and have a feel.

I'd suggest you come join one of the outings. You'll surely find more convincing facts from there rather than hear-say in the forum.

Look for entire system. Look also your close friend's system (so you can borrow their lenses :sweat: ).

Regards,
Arto.

hands-on both models and most probably u would have made up ur mind on which to choose.:)

take a dice, pray to god, and roll even get canon, odds get nikon, if dice fly out of window get a Hassabald

go to the shops, ask for both
and touch it,, feel it.. play with it.. if shop don't let u.. go another :p

never ending one this nikon canon thingy :d

i had the same problem too. then i realised i was thinking too much.

just go with your gut feeling, and whatever you buy, you won't regret it anyway.

so don't think, just go there and buy.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.