Canon offer free CCD cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yocoolboy

Mar 9, 2004
Hi.. just asking lah... if got dust on my CCD lens will the image quality be affected? Must be accumliate "how many" dust then must send for cleaning? If under warranty is it free?

Thanks.

Cleaning is not included in the warranty, the fee is usually $20-$30... why don't you give them a call and check? Using a phone can't be that hard and they would be able to give you the most accurate information.

basic cleaning can be done by setting to sensor clean mode, then using your blower & blow the dust away. Do it in an air-con room.

Most pple are paranoid about dusts & wants the professionals to clean the sensor. I find it a waste of money if you don't try the above method 1st.

but if yours is a consumer digicam, then no choice, gotta send in. But I doubt the dusts will affect much on it.

I paid $20 + gst and the Canon office now is next to Harborfront city under the cable car tower

yocoolboy said:
Hi.. just asking lah... if got dust on my CCD lens will the image quality be affected? Must be accumliate "how many" dust then must send for cleaning? If under warranty is it free?

Thanks.

Last few times I sent mine in for cleaning it's FOC. For a moment I thought u were refering to the 1D. :eek: Paiseh.

Only DSLR sensors need cleaning.

Your P&S will NOT need sensor cleaning as it is sealed in the body - dust can still get in under extreme conditions but not a common issue.

Russ said:
Only DSLR sensors need cleaning.

Your P&S will NOT need sensor cleaning as it is sealed in the body - dust can still get in under extreme conditions but not a common issue.

well said!
:thumbsup:

hmmm i wonder why... i saw some dust in the interior of the CCD lens... mine's a P&S...

yocoolboy said:
hmmm i wonder why... i saw some dust in the interior of the CCD lens... mine's a P&S...

Update: I called canon (didn't know they open so early :eek: 0830) A guy told me that for P&S, this is VERY COMMON, and they is bound to be one or two dust in the camera. so i must be very paranoid... haha thanks for the help anyway to everyone above and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for Canon.

CASE CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.