canon more vivid then nikon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flightspeed

Feb 26, 2006
Seems to me that pictures taken from a 350d seems more vivid n lively compared to one taken from a D70s ..... correct me if i m wrong .

I think that Nikon ones are more saturated due to the sensor which is made from Sony.

Could be the post processing, or if going by the LCD screen, different makers, also color space.

is it each cam is designed for different purposes ? if so ... wat are they pls ?? i m just a weekend newbie tryin to look pro type :embrass: taking pics of my fish n thats all :) prefer vivid colors and a cam that can capture fast moving things ( my fish )

flightspeed said:
is it each cam is designed for different purposes ? if so ... wat are they pls ?? i m just a weekend newbie tryin to look pro type :embrass: taking pics of my fish n thats all :) prefer vivid colors and a cam that can capture fast moving things ( my fish )

err...shoot raw and adjust in Photoshop to get the effect you want..

Then you are not tied to one camera brand already...

westwest1 said:
err...shoot raw and adjust in Photoshop to get the effect you want..

Then you are not tied to one camera brand already...

thks for the tip .. i think my 5700 has raw(need to confirm) i'll try n see . thanks :)

flightspeed said:
thks for the tip .. i think my 5700 has raw(need to confirm) i'll try n see . thanks :)

Not necessary just in raw format. You can adjust the contrast in PS with jpg as well.

Cheers

I don't think so. I have been using the Canon EOS 1Ds Mk2 at work and my old but trusty Nikon D100 for my own work. I always seem to find the color images out of my 4 year-old Nikon with Nikkor ED lenses more 'vivid' as compared to those taken from the top-of-line Canon DSLR with L lenses.

Of course, I am talking in terms of colors only. Not file size, sharpness or resolution. Otherwise, this will be an unfair comparison.

no idea.
is this a bait to Canon and Nikon users to whack each other?
if yes, then have we all not got better things to do?

ricohflex said:
no idea.
is this a bait to Canon and Nikon users to whack each other?
if yes, then have we all not got better things to do?

Whichever way... there's always photoshop :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

flightspeed said:
Seems to me that pictures taken from a 350d seems more vivid n lively compared to one taken from a D70s ..... correct me if i m wrong .
yeah lol, canon looks more colorful than nikon :cool:

dunno y... i see my cam, not nice, put on PC, ok... color not so nice, monitor calibrated somemore... but put on epson screen, chio wor... then put back on pc, sianz... demoralising daily...

nikon either black or silver with a hint of red
canon got white silver black

so i think the hint of red on nikons will make nikons more colourful than canon

I am still waiting to see a pink hello kitty camera

flightspeed said:

I find that the Nikon WB is a tad harder to fiddle around with, so perhaps that's why your colours are not so vivid? Cause once you have got the WB right, both camera makers have nice colours.:)

tamiya_model said:
I find that the Nikon WB is a tad harder to fiddle around with, so perhaps that's why your colours are not so vivid? Cause once you have got the WB right, both camera makers have nice colours.:)
erm...:think: nikon whitebalance harder to fiddle with? from what i know looking at setting WB for IR photography, it seems that canon need more steps to set manual whitebalance. :dunno: not very sure for predefined WB, but i find it very easily as well. Just have to press down a button and turn the dial

ortega said:
nikon either black or silver with a hint of red
canon got white silver black

so i think the hint of red on nikons will make nikons more colourful than canon

I am still waiting to see a pink hello kitty camera
LOL! Good one.

Well, I would say to each his own. Look at more pics from others and judge for yourself. Go with whatever pleases your eyes. You can't please everyone whichever way you go, so why not at least please yourself?

To each his own ........:)

From personal experience, the colors from my D70 pics seemed rather "sad" when compared to the pics from other cams .......... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.