CANON MARATHON XI 2013

hammeryou

Mar 28, 2011
8625471605_285c7fdd27_c.jpg

This year will be back suntec during 6 july. registration will opens at 29 april! ;)

Does not look like a positive first PR campaign for this year photomarathon as the website does not exist.

Canon PhotoMarathon 2012

Last year photomarathon registration start was bad as the website was not able to handle the surge.

How come it is so early this year ? The last 1 was in Nov 2012. This yr is in Jul ?

Just to check with people who participate before, if I am only able to make it in the afternoon, can I join in halfway in the afternoon if I had already registered?

Stargaz3r said:
Just to check with people who participate before, if I am only able to make it in the afternoon, can I join in halfway in the afternoon if I had already registered?

yes you may. but you wont be eligible for the competition.
which means you can still submit your photos and get free gifts but even i your photo is the best, you cannot win anything (because you would have already missed 1/2 themes)

yes you may. but you wont be eligible for the competition.
which means you can still submit your photos and get free gifts but even i your photo is the best, you cannot win anything (because you would have already missed 1/2 themes)

Well, I don't think I can win anyway. Just wanted to join in the fun. So the booth will be open even if I come in the afternoon? I am still able to get the shirt and join in the fun right?

Well, I don't think I can win anyway. Just wanted to join in the fun. So the booth will be open even if I come in the afternoon? I am still able to get the shirt and join in the fun right?

Depends on the T-Shirt size.. some of my friends came late/half way in the past events and their size finish, no more when they got there.

2013 Canon Photomarathon is this Saturday at Suntec City.

Event Date:
Saturday, 6[SUP]th[/SUP] July 2013
Event Time:
7am - 8pm (Doors will open between 0630 – 0700hrs. Do arrive early for registration as event will begin at 0830 hrs)
Event Venue:
Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre Hall 401-402
Walk-in Registration:
Open Category - $15
Student Category - $10

(Please note that walk-in registration is based on a first-come-first-served basis and dependent on the competition slot available. We strongly encourage all participants to register online.)

375636_10151493114202883_1424851506_n.jpg

Canon PhotoMarathon 2013

Last edited:
Should be like the previous years, free flow of red bull and free sensor cleaning.

Cheers.
Many thanks Xtemujin, always can count on you to provide the latest updated information and insights with direct reports from on the ground with regards to events coverage and reportage all around Singapore.

Cheers.

Last edited:
What focal length do you guys recommend to bring? Tripod? Laptop??
1st time attending such event

Bring whatever you have if possible or your commonly used lens ideal bring a different range as you never know what you need ... tripod bring as u may not know when u need... esp creative shots... As for laptop no need as no whatever post processing is allowed unless u want for viewing ...

No worries bro, many thanks for the kind comments.

Cheers.

Many thanks Xtemujin, always can count on you to provide the latest updated information and insights with direct reports from on the ground with regards to events coverage and reportage all around Singapore.

Cheers.

Just wonder, for the shirt size. Can we test on spot and exchange if too big or small?

For shirts, just come early and try your usual size on.
Remember: "The best camera is the one you have with you; the worst lens is the one on your camera."
At high enough shutter speeds and ISO, a tripod would not be needed. Do you really want to go around Singapore on this marathon lugging all your gear?
BTW, bring a jpg of a picture you want a free large print of! Free 1 print for all, usually.
Bring all your Canon cameras and lenses you want cleaned. For deep cleaning you will need to get it at the service center (and pay).
Free model shoot of babe(s)!

Last edited:
I wish Canon would allow post processing, since digital photography almost requires PP!