Canon Lenses To Nikon Lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red4Ever

Aug 25, 2008
Again, Linking To My Previous Thread I Have Decided On The Nikon D90 Now Just Waiting For It To Arrive...

I Was Wondering SInce I Have Chosen Nikon It Rules Out SOme OF The Lenses Below Right?
Tokina AF 50-135mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX
Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6IS
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

So Is There Any Lenses That Are Compatible With Nikon That Will Have Similar Results Or Features As The Above Lenses? And One More Thing, Can You Guys Recommend Some Lenses Which Can Be Used To Take Pics During Travel (Sights) And For Nature Photography As Well?
PS. Lenses For Beginners

Last edited:
Tokina AF 50-135mm f/2.8 AT-X Pro DX ~ Nikon 18-105mm VR
http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=1282-150d0ae5b3

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6IS ~ Nikon 55-200mm VR
http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=1004-5c0fb798ff

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 ~ Nikon 50mm f/1.8
http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=106-387119c054

For just a multi purpose shoot it all lens for nature and travel, u can consider the nikon 18-200mm VR. I dunno if it exceeds ur budget's definition of beginner's lens. it cost $1000 to $1200.
http://www.nikon.com.sg/productitem.php?pid=825-ff2662b928

Last edited:
I'm quite sure Tokina also has a Nikon mount for their 50-135, so you'll just have to source for the Nikon version..

Nikon has their AF 50 1.8 and 55-200 VR if I remember correctly..

For $200-$400 (Per Lens) Will I Be Able To Get A Beginner Lens For Nature And Travel Photography? If Yes Could You Guys Spare Me The "Name Of The" Lens?
Thanks

For $200-$400 (Per Lens) Will I Be Able To Get A Beginner Lens For Nature And Travel Photography? If Yes Could You Guys Spare Me The "Name Of The" Lens?
Thanks

Every one of the 3 lenses you specified has a Nikon equivalent.

The Tokina 50-135 has a Nikon mount version. Then there is the Nikkor 55-200 VR and 50 f/1.8... so no worries.

As for a $200-$400 beginner lens for nature and travel photography, that would be a bit more tough, because nature and travel are very wide. If you can specify the kind of pics you would like to take, it would be easier to recommend.

Every one of the 3 lenses you specified has a Nikon equivalent.

The Tokina 50-135 has a Nikon mount version. Then there is the Nikkor 55-200 VR and 50 f/1.8... so no worries.

As for a $200-$400 beginner lens for nature and travel photography, that would be a bit more tough, because nature and travel are very wide. If you can specify the kind of pics you would like to take, it would be easier to recommend.

Ok. For Nature And Travel Photography Since You Described Them As Wide, Which Lenses Would You Recommend For Scenery And U Know Me English Is Not That Great So I Dont Know The Heading Used For These Pics, But An Example Is Singapore River, Sentosa Under Singapore. (Maybe You WIll Call It Unique Places Under A Country? For Beginners That Is. And Could You Gimme The Price As Well.

For me, I used an 18-200 VR to my London trip and 18-135 to my HK/Macau Trip (you can go to my Flickr account and look at both photo sets to see if you are fine with this type of pics).

Many commented that the distortion for these 2 lens are not too good for their taste, but then, they are a good all-in-one for people who wants to travel light. For your info, the 18-135 will be within $400.

Hope this helps.:)

Thanks

Ok. For Nature And Travel Photography Since You Described Them As Wide, Which Lenses Would You Recommend For Scenery And U Know Me English Is Not That Great So I Dont Know The Heading Used For These Pics, But An Example Is Singapore River, Sentosa Under Singapore. (Maybe You WIll Call It Unique Places Under A Country? For Beginners That Is. And Could You Gimme The Price As Well.

As lastboltnut said, the 18-200 is a good travel lens which does most things. I used to own it and I'm not a pixel-peeper, so the pics are fine for me.

If you take scenery, you can get an ultra-wide angle lens, like the Tokina 12-24, Sigma 10-20, etc. If you want to take animals in nature, e.g. birds, then you need a long zoom, and the Nikkor 70-300 VR is a start, but may not be long enuf. If you take insects in nature, or close up shots of flowers, then a macro lens like the Tamron 90mm macro.

However, with the budget of $200-$400, I can't recommend a good lens as mentioned above as they are all more than $400. You can go to the price list in each equipment section to check out the prices.

If you are already getting the Tokina 50-135, Nikon 55-200 VR, and 50mm f/1.8, then I would recommend you save up to get an ultra wide angle like the Tokina 12-24. If it is too expensive brand new, you may be able to find one 2nd hand, but the price is still beyond $400.

Last edited:
... And U Know Me English Is Not That Great So I Dont Know The Heading Used For These Pics,...

How about improving it instead of using for excuse? First you could resort to the standard way of using capital letters. Next you can try making your sentences more readable by shortening sentences and using a few commas and periods. Helps a lot those people you are asking for help...

Status
Not open for further replies.