Canon Lens: Which one should I get?

Wackyzacky

Jan 27, 2009
Hi I'm looking for a mid range prime lens for indoor photography and these are what I've come up with: Canon 35mm f/2, Canon 28mm f/1.8 and Canon 50mm f/1.4 to use on my 5DMark II.
Any recommendations base on these requirements and the lenses I've picked out?

thanks!:)

Hi I'm looking for a mid range prime lens for indoor photography and these are what I've come up with: Canon 35mm f/2, Canon 28mm f/1.8 and Canon 50mm f/1.4 to use on my 5DMark II.
Any recommendations base on these requirements and the lenses I've picked out?

thanks!:)

go for either 35mm f2 or 50mm f1.4

for me i prefer 35mm :)

any specific reason why not 28 f/1.8? I was leaning that way. HAHA

i nvr tried 28mm before so cannot give comments...

but comparing 35 and 50... 35 gives me a wider angle which i find for me good for all occasion shoots.

try this - the 28 f/1.8 and the 50 f/1.8. that gives you both for a better price.

I don 't think the 50 f/1.4 adds that much value over the f/1.8. Do your research, and if you are like me you find a few articles that say about the 50 1/4 "a bit soft wide open but very sharp once you stop down'... what is the point of paying the extra premium to use this lens at , say, f/2.8?

I have the 50 f/1.8 and find it to be very good. I am sure therr are a lot of f/1.4 usesrs that think is am silly but this is just one persons opinion :)

try this - the 28 f/1.8 and the 50 f/1.8. that gives you both for a better price.

I don 't think the 50 f/1.4 adds that much value over the f/1.8. Do your research, and if you are like me you find a few articles that say about the 50 1/4 "a bit soft wide open but very sharp once you stop down'... what is the point of paying the extra premium to use this lens at , say, f/2.8?

I have the 50 f/1.8 and find it to be very good. I am sure therr are a lot of f/1.4 usesrs that think is am silly but this is just one persons opinion :)
I was actually looking at the 28mm f/1.8 or the 50mm f/1.4. I find that 50mm may be a bit squeezy if i'm an arms length away from my subject. Anyone has experience with the IQ of the 28mm f/1.8?