Canon lens price from MS color

Status
Not open for further replies.

aungzawwin

Feb 16, 2008
the blue planet
hi frens,
i was inquiring price of 24-105L and 50mm 1.4 by email.
MS color replied 1492S$ & 490S$ (inclusive GST) which seems to be better price than John and Alan. CP did not reply unfortunately..
i am about to begin my purchase.
any recommendations? how to negotiate..how to check warranty..how to avoid grey purchase..etc.
thanks for your kind feedback.
regards,

hi frens,
MS color replied 1492S$ & 490S$ (inclusive GST) which seems to be better price than John and Alan. CP did not reply unfortunately..
any recommendations? how to negotiate..how to check warranty..how to avoid grey purchase..etc.
regards,

From my dealings with them so far, the equotes from MS color should be for cash terms and non-grey sets.

ask for their best price. ms color do not offer grey set....

hi frens,
regards,
Since Canon lenses comes with international warranty, this should not be a problem to check.

Grey items usually don't come with a warranty card, but some do. Those that come with a warranty I think shows the country where it came from..........

HS

self have experienced with MSColor, friendly people. When you ask the price, they will ask if you ask for e-quote. I don't know if there is price different between direct ask and e-quote (am curious here).
but if you ask use e-quote, better to print and bring it along.

Equote is based on CaSh price, no more price bargaining.
Warranty card from Canon Singapore.
Bring own camera to test lens.
If you're not satisfied with anything, don't purchase.

both Cathay and MS color are the top 2 favourite for Lens if you buying locally. :D

I deal with John and MS color, I would say their customer service is very good.
However, it seems that everytime I asked for e-quote from Cathay, the price are always lower abit more than the rest.

Every lens come with warranty card, remember to check before you purchase.
Always bring your camera to test lens for any faults.

both Cathay and MS color are the top 2 favourite for Lens if you buying locally. :D

I normally get my lens with TK foto at beach road (shaw tower). Quotation is cheaper than MS and definitely cathay

just to add on... i love MS color, esp the services provided.
be it you have 101 questions, irregardless how noob they may sound, the staff will patiently answer all of them. :bsmilie:

I think CP's price is competitive, especially that they allow credit card w/o additional $$.

I think lenses are really getting cheaper cos of the exchange rates...

BBB

just to add on... i love MS color, esp the services provided.
be it you have 101 questions, irregardless how noob they may sound, the staff will patiently answer all of them. :bsmilie:

Not sure...went in once with slippers, they didnt even look or offer assistance.

I think CP's price is competitive, especially that they allow credit card w/o additional $$.

I think lenses are really getting cheaper cos of the exchange rates...

BBB

Right, bought my 450 there. Quite good service from Simon CP-M

sorry just to check MS colour only at amk izzit?? and which one should we go to? understand there are 3....

thanks frens,
really appreciate your inputs :)
decided to deal with MS :heart:

MS color also got one branch at AMK hub

Not sure...went in once with slippers, they didnt even look or offer assistance.

hmm. i went in slippers too, when i got my cam. and they provided good assistance. perhaps different branch? i went to the one at amk hub.

Just bought my 24-70 from them 2 weeks ago at a reasonable price but ended up with a not so smooth zooming ring lens with some dust inside the lens elements. Returned it immediately and was told replacement will be in a week but am still waiting for the replacement till now. When I called Florence, she kept delaying week after week saying Canon has no stock or is having a stock take so have to continue to wait another week so now waiting into my 3rd week already.

Just some advice from me when buying from them:- Make sure they have the stock based on the price quoted and check carefully before you decide to pay for it. Other than that, it's a great experience dealing with them. Nice bunch of people there and one of the best shops here, in my opinion.

hmm. i went in slippers too, when i got my cam. and they provided good assistance. perhaps different branch? i went to the one at amk hub.

Thats the one I went. Personally, I wont buy from them as I am a sucker for good service and this is the most basic requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.