canon lens mug = crappy

Status
Not open for further replies.

flightspeed

Feb 26, 2006
Did my first MO here and i must say i m utterly disappointed for a total price of S$108. The quality is the worst then what u'll expect from a tumbler bought at a local toy store found in the HDB estates for S$4.50

10th June - was informed that " the day has finally arrived " :) excited, I went to collect my mug. Battled my fear of heights and went up all 25 floors of the HDB apt to collect the mug ... in my head the words " the day has finally arrived" kept repeating itself

Was greeted by the organizer ( a nice chap ) and he promptly handed the mugs over to my wolfing hands. It was abt 8pm

Took another frightful trip down 25 floors - in the lift BTH opened the box and took a look at the items ..

70 - 200 mm -

First look - wah color is like greyish/dirty white .... yucks ... stickers misaligned ...oh well

24 - 105 mm

Wah piang !! worst .. printing has faded ... "ding 1st storey"

was contemplating if i should call organizer to inform about the defects ? made the call anyways .. he was ok with an exchange .. sigh another 25 floors up, bo pian .. went up and did the exchange. Seems like all the mugs are the same

Morning next day, during bright lights i took another look at the mugs thinking the night nights might cause an optical illusion and made the lens look bad

WAH ... worst !!

70 - 200 mm

Package - dont expect the covers etc etc all that hoo haa -

crapmug.jpg

inside - slanted stickers and rubber grip

crapymug.jpg

was told this is the original mug from the Olympic games or whatever due to the imprints below - "SERIES 1 Collectible"

crapppymug.jpg

24 - 105 mm - This one takes the crap

Package

supercrap.jpg

not even a mug cover !!! just the box and the plastic cup - must have saved on ink as well .. printing also half f*&k

more !!!!

crapie.jpg

crap.jpg

I m guessing the "factory" is chinese and i was glad they spelled Canon correctly - below after this review i got so disappointed seeing these crap again i have to throw them away to not further remind me of how i threw away a perfect S$108

c.jpg

Oh heres more on the print quality of the 70 - 200 mm

bin.jpg

My overall experience with these dodgy items ? no words can describe the utter disappointment of the wait and then the "surprise"

The day has finally come ..................

for me to experience the WORST plastic mugs for S$108 PUIIIIIIII !:thumbsd:

Probably is fake copy.. Mine looks different from yrs and I am happy with it :)

Probably is fake copy.. Mine looks different from yrs and I am happy with it :)

I m glad you're happy .. were u in the same MO ?

This looks like a cheap plastic, molding precision is out as you can see from the photo. I won't pay $108 for that. May not be a genuine OEM product.

looks like some QC rejected products

when you go into mass pro, QC fails.
i can live with the state of my mugs.

Gotta admit.. They're not worth S$108!

These look like fake imitation copies that can be bought for very little money in China.

if u dun want them, pls pass to me. Dun mind having a few more copies.

btw, i am guessing 108 is the total for both mugs. you should have seen the quality of similiar-kinds in ebay or amazon or whatever crappy sounding websites. it is much worse and it costs more than 108 for both 24-105 and 70-200.

Maybe the MS organizer didn't know how to verify the mugs? Got conned with cheap replicas?

The mugs looks really cheapo, you'll be better off getting an insulated flask, just put a canon sticker on it.

The mugs looks really cheapo, you'll be better off getting an insulated flask, just put a canon sticker on it.

most agree with this

heres wat u can get with S$108 -

Bloody Zojirushis man !!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ZOJIRUSHI-Th...m&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item1c0d2f21f7

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ZOJIRUSHI-Th...m&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_216&hash=item1c0de28ee0

with change to buy bak chor mee !!!

they make 100000X better quality products with that amount of $$

those thinking of getting the lens mug - better COD check first ... these items can really "surprise" you :lovegrin:

Yup. The cheap copies are worth $15 bucks each from stores in China what i read. And that's without bargaining.

i think we cannot expect the quality to be exactly like what the original lens is.. although i have to admit that it looks cheap though.. but anyway it's just a mug..

Last edited:
just to let u know that the original does not look this crap, it is much much better.

are they sharp kopis? (ok sorry, i'll get out of this thread right now) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.