Canon IXUS50 VS Panasonic Lumix FX-7

Status
Not open for further replies.

echomantis

Jul 7, 2005
I'm currently considering buying a 5.0megapix digi cam, and i've narrowed down my choices to the above 2 models ie IXUS 50 & Lumix FX-7.... does anyone has any comments or recommendations for these cams? I am mainly considering the differences in their user-friendliness, and shooting capabilities, such as stability in low light conditions, flash power, and so on and so forth.....

Any comments will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Kelvin.

go with fx8 instead of the fx7, do consider the casio s500 as well..

price should be approx 600 for all three models...

advantages:

ixus 50 - digic II image processing, good reviews.

fx8 - optical image stabilization, leica lens, large 2.5" lcd, made in japan.

s500 - small form factor, mpeg 4 video encoding, good variety of scene modes/features, large 2.5" lcd, dsp anti shake mode.

ocdude said:
go with fx8 instead of the fx7, do consider the casio s500 as well..

price should be approx 600 for all three models...

advantages:

ixus 50 - digic II image processing, good reviews.

fx8 - optical image stabilization, leica lens, large 2.5" lcd, made in japan.

s500 - small form factor, mpeg 4 video encoding, good variety of scene modes/features, large 2.5" lcd, dsp anti shake mode.

Casio S500 has only a 2.2" LCD.

SwatchSeow said:
Casio S500 has only a 2.2" LCD.

yikes, you're right... 2.2" LCD for the s500 ... my bad...

hmm... thanx for all ur replies... so am i receiving that the casio s500 is the most recommendable by far?

echomantis said:
hmm... thanx for all ur replies... so am i receiving that the casio s500 is the most recommendable by far?

i don't think so, just pointing out similar products that you can try out prior to making your decision.

use the Force..... :p

I can't speak for the others, but I've had very good experiences with the Lumix range, especially those with Image Stabalisation.

Why don't you bring along a few memory cards and try out the different models at a camera shop? Or do what I did before I bought my first digicam: borrow a few from kind friends for a week and try them out to see what you like best.

Happy searching n shooting!

Status
Not open for further replies.