canon ixus recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxx

Oct 10, 2004
i hope not all here only expert in DSLR ya.. :)

i personally like ixus range of models.. any recommendation for a good buy?
budget $600-$700 or near if it's worth the extra $$.

will be going down to AP this weekend.

tanks.

if ur choosing only ixus, theres not much to choose from aint it? get the 55 or 50(if u can still find it). dont waste money on the ixus700. why would u need 7mp on a small cam?

Agree, in fact IXUS 40 should be good enough, buy a second hand one if any.

Errrr... been checking out IXUS cameras on the web and it looks like a lot of people aren't satisfied with them - they talk about an E18 problem where the lens just gets stuck in its opening.... also they say the LCD cracks easily.... would like to know your experiences with IXUS cameras, guys... I'm thinking of buying one but the negative reviews are scaring me....

:)

Fine said:
Agree, in fact IXUS 40 should be good enough, buy a second hand one if any.

foxx said:
i hope not all here only expert in DSLR ya.. :)

i personally like ixus range of models.. any recommendation for a good buy?
budget $600-$700 or near if it's worth the extra $$.

will be going down to AP this weekend.

tanks.

If you can get a second-hand Ixus 40 then go for it! That's one of the best in the Ixus series. Im using both Ixus 40 & 700(kept in dry box most of the time lol!).

I'm also in the market for a 5 MP PnS DC, looking at Ixus 55 as well. Cnet Asia mentioned the image is "far from stellar"!

Check with AP, they said Ixus 40 discontinued already.

Brought an Ixus borrowed from sister-in-law and my own good old Canon G2 for Korean Trip recently. Both bring back tonnes of good photos. :)

Conan said:
Errrr... been checking out IXUS cameras on the web and it looks like a lot of people aren't satisfied with them - they talk about an E18 problem where the lens just gets stuck in its opening.... also they say the LCD cracks easily.... would like to know your experiences with IXUS cameras, guys... I'm thinking of buying one but the negative reviews are scaring me....

:)

i don't know about the rest but i've been using my ixus 50 for slightly less than half a year already. its been pretty reliable and i haven't had problems with neither the lens nor the LCD screen. it responds quite quickly too. bad thing is that it doesn't have a battery life indicator though. :dunno:

saltandlight said:
bad thing is that it doesn't have a battery life indicator though. :dunno:

It doesn't? I thot I saw one when I was looking at it at SITEX yesterday. I must have seen wrongly. But it's awful w/o the battery life indicator. What is my cammie just die on me? :sweat:

i've been looking for an ixus40 and found that alot of ppl selling it on yahoo auction claiming its a free gift or won lucky draw !
are these dead giveaways 100% parallel import stuffs ?

which shop still sells ixus parallel imported cameras with at least shop warranty ?
anyone ?

saltandlight said:
i don't know about the rest but i've been using my ixus 50 for slightly less than half a year already. its been pretty reliable and i haven't had problems with neither the lens nor the LCD screen. it responds quite quickly too.
Yup, I have also used the IXUS 50 for roughly the same period of time. No complaints so far. Lens and the LCD performing well. :D

saltandlight said:
bad thing is that it doesn't have a battery life indicator though. :dunno:
qristeele said:
But it's awful w/o the battery life indicator. What is my cammie just die on me? :sweat:
The IXUS does not have a real time battery indicator. BUT it will indicate when the battery power is getting low. Just carry a spare and replace it when the indicator shows low battery power. :)

Canew said:
The IXUS does not have a real time battery indicator. BUT it will indicate when the battery power is getting low. Just carry a spare and replace it when the indicator shows low battery power. :)

hi,
how much does a spare lithium battery will cost?
is it easy to get?

cikgoo said:
i've been looking for an ixus40 and found that alot of ppl selling it on yahoo auction claiming its a free gift or won lucky draw !
are these dead giveaways 100% parallel import stuffs ?

which shop still sells ixus parallel imported cameras with at least shop warranty ?
anyone ?

HI,

Not all the seller in Yahoo Auction are honest.
Why not spend a bit more to get a new one.
You may get it at a lower price in Yahoo but if the camera later on give you problem then how? you will need to spend more then...

I just bought an ixus 40 with 256mb sd at funan around $530, is it a good buy for it's price and camera as well?

bernier said:
I just bought an ixus 40 with 256mb sd at funan around $530, is it a good buy for it's price and camera as well?

MS quoted $620 (incl. GST) for Ixus 55.

There's Canon Christmas Carnival @ Singapore Expo. Opens at 11AM to 8PM. Last till Sunday, 18 December 2005

img_6727_sm.jpg

duckling said:
MS quoted $620 (incl. GST) for Ixus 55.

Went to Alan Photo@Funan last night. Bought the Ixus 55 for $580 w/gst. Also bought an OEM battery for $25. They charged me $20 for the ixus pouch. Total bill was $625 ( inclusive of the free gifts, 512mb toshiba sd card and a sd card reader ) Hope this info is helpful:)

Canon Christmas Carnival

Anyone went? How's the camera prices there? Any good buys?

Ong_23 said:
hi,
how much does a spare lithium battery will cost?
is it easy to get?
Sorry for the late reply, Ong_23. A spare original battery for my IXUS 50 (NB 4L) is about S$70 (at CP). Maybe the price would have dropped a little by now. :)
Maybe there are some good deals at the CANON Christmas Carnival? (at EXPO)

Status
Not open for further replies.