Canon Ixus camera with smoke from flash

Feb 11, 2004
Hi, I have a 4 year old IXUS camera which i pass to my kid for him to photo his toys. I noticed when he uses the flash, theres a wisp of smoke that comes out from the flash. Anybody has any idea what happened and is it dangerous for my kid? Thanks.

keithwee

Staff member
Aug 20, 2010
LittleRedDot
Hi, I have a 4 year old IXUS camera which i pass to my kid for him to photo his toys. I noticed when he uses the flash, theres a wisp of smoke that comes out from the flash. Anybody has any idea what happened and is it dangerous for my kid? Thanks.
I'm dead sure if it's a 4 year old camera it definitely should not emit any smoke when using the flash. Send the camera in for a check for peace of kind bro.

Edwin Francis

Mar 24, 2006
www.sgwriter.com
Smoke from electronics is never good. Could come from a variety of sources, but if it happens when you use the flash, it might be from the flash capacitor. Happened to a couple of my studio flashes before -- smoke and smell, then bang, then worse smoke and terrible smell. Either have it serviced or junk it (you might not want to spend on servicing such an old compact).
You might be able to continue to use it w/o activating the flash, but who knows what's actually wrong. Don't take the risk.

Top Bottom