Canon in Jakarta

Fantasy747

Oct 30, 2007
Hi guys,

I am making a trip to Jakarta. Does anyone know if it is good to buy stuff there? Looking at buying some stuff if it is significantly cheaper than in Singapore. Question is where to go to look?

Thanks in advance

Canon's main distributor in JKT is Oktagon, prices are generally cheaper but the warranty is not international (local). However, oktagon is pretty well known for their after-sales service.

Prices are not better than in Singapore currently due to the strong IDR and their recent price adjustment. U can look up their prices on their websites. Just google for JPC and Oktagon.

Last edited:
check www.ek-gadgets.com
but sells grey set...(if i'm not wrong)

btw, wat i know canon distributor in indonesia's PT datascript...

Yeap, Oktagon is under PT Datascript. you will notice the warranty is all under datascript as well.

As far as I know, electronics in Jakarta is similar to Singapore. I go back to Jakarta at least twice a year but have been buying stuff from the US instead. LOL. B&H and Adorama have great deals sometimes.

hi, thinking of buying a 7D from jakarta, does anyone recommend this, or should I just buy from singapore. I do travel to jakarta every 2 months. reason being the price is lower in jakarta.
thanks

Actually it depends what you're going to buy.

Some items are cheaper in Jakarta, some are not, some are the same...

Thanks guys for the response and web pages.

I did a check and found that it is not cheaper there. 5D mkII going for $3300+. Canon 100mm macro f2.8 IS going for $1300+. Might as well buy here in Singapore

I have ever tried buying cameras and accessories from many camera shops stated above.
But after I found FOCUS NUSANTARA ( www.focusnusantara.com ), I was very satisfied with this camera shop. They serve Excellent After Sales Service that I could not find it in other shops.
Therefore, I strongly recommend to all of you buy cameras and it's accessories in this shop. This is the BEST camera shop in Indonesia !. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

http://www.focusnusantara.com/about/
about

Last edited:
Yeap, Oktagon is under PT Datascript. you will notice the warranty is all under datascript as well.

If you buy from JPC Kemang, Focus Nusantara, or any other shops, you get the warranty from Datascript too. They're Canon's main distributor in Indonesia. Oktagon is an independent shop, not owned by Datascript. If you need to get your camera or lenses serviced, you're gonna have to go to PT Datascript, not Oktagon. Buying a lens in Oktagon is not very convenient for me, because we need to bring our own camera to test the lens. They don't have a camera for testing lenses. At JPC Kemang, they have a Canon 1000D to test lenses. And Oktagon is seriously understaffed. If you go there during busy hours, you may have to wait quite a long time before a staff helps you.

And yes, the prices are a lot cheaper than Singapore. Sometimes JPC offers grey sets too, but they're backed by one-year store warranty.

true http://www.focusnusantara.com/ is one of the best camera shop in indonesia, especially for canon, they are the best i dont think that oktagon is better than focus nusantara for canon :)

seems that jakarta is another place to shop for camera equipments... but according to my experience, it seems to me that HK still one of the cheapest place to shop for cam stuffs right?

seems that jakarta is another place to shop for camera equipments... but according to my experience, it seems to me that HK still one of the cheapest place to shop for cam stuffs right?

For cameras and accessories like flash, yes. But for lenses, Jakarta is one of the cheapest. But if you buy in HK, you get canon international warranty. So it's really a matter of preference. HK is a lot cheaper than Singapore.