Canon in Gmajor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sejok

Jun 1, 2005
Northish
Hi Guys,

This is a Photo I took of canon balls recently unearthed in Kandy, Sri Lanka. Not sure if the focus is 100%. but it was my trusty Sigma 90mm macro at work.

Please be brutal! I thoroughly enjoy all constructive criticism!

canon.jpg

Sorry, Couldn't help but notice that this post is very auspicious (NOT!)
444.jpg

i like the textures and lighting in this photo, which, together with sharpness and clarity of detail, are most effectively conveyed in the upper left portion of the photo. however, i find the left cannonball with the white spot distracting, and IMHO overall sharpness and DOF of the photo could be improved perhaps by stopping down the lens a bit more. the subject, being rather unusual, lacks a sense of scale to which the viewer can relate easily. i also believe the shot would work quite well in b&w, with the emphasis on form, texture, and lighting.

:thumbsup: Quite an intriguing subject. No-one would have known they are cannon-balls without some intro (at least for me).

:thumbsd: The depth of field can be higher. Some balls are not focused. Composition-wise, perhaps some regular pattern can be observed. Now, they look quite random. No point of interest.

So how does this cut it for you guys?

canonBW.jpg

I agree that I should have upped the DOF, and perhaps focused on the ball in the middle... the fact that the ball in the middle is a lil' fuzzy bugs me to no end!

Any ideas how I can manipulate in PS?

The DOF and sharpness is a big problem but the bigger problem is that we donno what it is (if you don't tell me) and we donno where is the subject (focus point) of the pic....

Status
Not open for further replies.