Canon HS300 vs Olympus E-PL1

cerealz

Jun 14, 2005
Hi Guys!

I have been a long time fan of Canon. Currently using Compact Ixus 110 IS.

Wanna change camera tmr.

Can anyone help shed any light on which is a better buy?

I want ease to carry ard, and also better picture quality.
battery life is also an issue.

Hope to hear from u guys soon! :)

Hi Guys!

Wanna change camera tmr.

What is your budget?

Dun really have a budget.

Concern is more for ease of use. carry ard in small sling bag and GOOD picture quality. :)

I also intend to get E-PL1(14-42mm) tomorrow from Challenger. I heard I can get it at $850?
Its good for low light & can get noise free image at 800 ISO ! But what is holding me back is its slow auto focus & shutter lag! slower than my cheap Canon Ixus 105 !

Challenger can get for sooo cheap? alan $900
Does it come with the free batt? or any other freebies?

Love my canon tho.. wondering if its a good move!

Hi Guys!

Wanna change camera tmr.

I'm waiting for the new Nokia N8 camera phone. Its Image quality is as good as S90,G11,EX-1,F200,LX3 cos it is using 1/1.83" sensor. With that camera phone, you only need to carry one handphone when you go out, instead of carrying two seperate items(hp plus camera)
http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/07/09/nokia-n8-camera-2260-days-in-the-making-part-22/

Check out the new Nokia N8 Image quality for yourselve!!! http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/07/09/nokia-n8-sample-images-untouched/

Last edited:
Dun really have a budget.

Concern is more for ease of use. carry ard in small sling bag and GOOD picture quality. :)

Actually, if you want ease of use, and very good portability...

Among the 2 I would say HS300. But if can recommend others, I say Canon S90, the coming Canon S95, Samsung EX-1, Panasonic LX3, Panasonic LX5, Canon G11. pick one.

EVIL cameras like E-PL1, GF-1, E-P2 are not as portable as you think, when you start to factor in different lenses. And they need more maintenance since the lens are not sealed, and will be more complex to use.

Among the 2 I would say HS300. But if can recommend others, I say Canon S90, the coming Canon S95, Samsung EX-1, Panasonic LX3, Panasonic LX5, Canon G11. pick one.

EVIL cameras like E-PL1, GF-1, E-P2 are not as portable as you think, when you start to factor in different lenses. And they need more maintenance since the lens are not sealed, and will be more complex to use.

Great advice once again DD123~!

get the red HS300 bright~! like ferrari..... or white one like classy kind... or if not then black one lor.. simple

Hi DD123!

Super insight! :)

Erm , btw if u were to consider solely on IQ. Canon s95 or Olympus E-PL1 or Canon HS300. thx! :)

Hi DD123!

Super insight! :)

Erm , btw if u were to consider solely on IQ. Canon s95 or Olympus E-PL1 or Canon HS300. thx! :)

If I were to consider solely on IQ, I would go for fullframe DSLR.

And out of the listed 3, of course the one with the biggest sensor will win in the IQ department (E-PL1)