Canon halts 5d2 production

I guess that's progress, however, I feel a sense of sadness in the passing of such a great and successful camera. I was in Hong Kong for its birth and saw it in the showroom mere hours after its debut. Countless TV shows and movies have been filmed by the Canon 5D Mark II. It's short life gave us impeccable stills and advanced video. Long live the memory of this great and useful camera.

My workhorse from 2009 til 2012

Alas the time has come for 5d2 to grace the hall of fame..

My workhorse from 2009 til 2012

Alas the time has come for 5d2 to grace the hall of fame..

I am wondering........ is it a good time to pick up a new 5D2???? Anyone know the current price??? It is using CF cards, and have 100% VF...... :think:

That may mean they have something already in line for the future. In Canon R&D they may already have 5D Mk4 works in progress.
They need to keep the new 5D Mk3 production running; while retooling the old 5D Mk2 facilities for future 5D Mk4.

I am wondering........ is it a good time to pick up a new 5D2???? Anyone know the current price??? It is using CF cards, and have 100% VF...... :think:

I think the 6d will be a better bet.

久的不去,新的不来。。。
"The new won't come if the old don't go..."

5D Mk II was a great camera. But now we have even better ones!
Technology keeps moving and gets better every day. It's innovation that drives improvement.

6D is more similar to 5Dmk2 than 5Dmk3 os.

6D is the son of mk2. hehhehe. its still here!

To hell with 5D2. Your FF sensor has made me bought L lenses. Your versatile lens mount has made me experiment with a lot of alternative lenses. Your versatility in both stills and video and lack of certain integrated functions has made me bought a lot of after market accessories. You have been a badass by spreading BBB virus. You have etched a bad impression by filling up harddisk space rapidly. Processing your huge files need a new computer. You made me lug you along for travels. You went up the mountain and broke my back. To keep you clean, I hate the labourious tasks to flip you up, squeeze and blow you. You are such a bitch that I have to spend time in this forum talking about and arguing over you. Now be gone. I have bleed bad enough that no tears will roll down my cheeks. Foff.

ManWearPants said:
To hell with 5D2. Your FF sensor has made me bought L lenses...

...Now be gone. I have bleed bad enough that no tears will roll down my cheeks. Foff.

Haha! Then I don't think you'd love any of its successors either!

To hell with 5D2. Your FF sensor has made me bought L lenses. Your versatile lens mount has made me experiment with a lot of alternative lenses. Your versatility in both stills and video and lack of certain integrated functions has made me bought a lot of after market accessories. You have been a badass by spreading BBB virus. You have etched a bad impression by filling up harddisk space rapidly. Processing your huge files need a new computer. You made me lug you along for travels. You went up the mountain and broke my back. To keep you clean, I hate the labourious tasks to flip you up, squeeze and blow you. You are such a bitch that I have to spend time in this forum talking about and arguing over you. Now be gone. I have bleed bad enough that no tears will roll down my cheeks. Foff.

Haha that is a very nice one!!!

that may mean limited parts for repair as well...

Around US$1530~1590 from Amazon and B&H....