Canon G9 - What type of Photogragphy to start off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrader

May 15, 2006
I am new to Photography and just bought a Canon G9.
Based on this camera what type of Photography should I start of with.
Macro, Still Life, portraits......? I prefer not to use the flash.

basically anything. I will prefer to use for macros and landscape as it produces really brilliant colours as compared to other PnS.

Anything, especially nightshots, landscapes, macros, still life, etc. Though I feel for serious portraits and streetshoots, prosumers lose out in terms of speed, lens, flash and ISO. But G9 is a great cam, I remember I had a G1 when I was a little kid... 7-8yrs back these were my first few pics fr a newb me
sample1
sample2
Dug it out recently, still usable...
sample3

G9 should produce way better pics. Enjoy.

Last edited:
You shld be the one deciding wad kind of photos you Enjoy taking...
the kind of photos u take shld not be decided by the camera.

Anything and everything.

Just remember, "if it's worth taking a whole shot of, it's worth taking a whole roll of film of it" meaning to say, if there's something interesting / nice, take a lot of pics of it. Digital captures are now determined by your memory space, so if you have the space, make use of it! Singapore buildings are being cleared and replace so often nowadays, a nice looking modern building might not be there next year.

EDIT: I too would like a G9 or G10 (rumors of it, but definitely at a higher price I'd presume) so that I don't have to lug around my dslr the whole day yet still be able to get decent captures. It has 1/500 flash sync speed, great for my strobist work =)

Oh, and to the thread starter, if you're out of ideas for a shot, check out photos from www.flickr.com for inspiration =)

Last edited:
hi,

may i know where and how much you got your G9 from?

interested to get one myself.

thanks!

:nono: Why should the camera dictate what kind of photographs you can take?

This pretty much sums it up. ;)

Thank You for all the feedback.
Perhaps I should rephrase my question.

Without adding or changing any lenses or accesories. What type of photography is more suitable?

Without adding or changing any lenses or accesories. What type of photography is more suitable?

What type of lenses or accessories are you talking about? Fyi, you can only attach wide angle converters or tele converters to the G9.

You can take any type of photographs with the G9. Only issue would be if you want to take photos in low light at high ISO, then you will probably get very noisy pics.

It's suitable for most kinds of photography... do not be too bothered by what camera you are using, just take whatever you want, at the end of the day, it's more important to have fun. ;)

Perhaps there's a certain style of photography that interests you, why not share it with us, then we can give you better advice.

With a 35-210mm (35mm equiv) focal range, anything around you is possible. It obviously won't cut it for wildlife shooting because it's too short haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.