Canon G7 vs Ricoh GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivek

Sep 29, 2005
Hi, i am new to the forum. this is my 1st posting. i own a Lumix FX9 now. but i am think of upgrading to a semi pro d-camera.From here i will see if i will move up to DSLR. :) Can u guys help me by sharing your views on this two camera.

i find :
1. price about the same
2. but ricoh not zoom

thanks
kevin

So hard to compare Ricoh GR-D to Canon Powershot G7... which one you like more?

Ok, so the price difference is probably $200+ difference if you add in the 21mm converter.

I sold off my GRD and went for G7, mainly because after using it for some time, I realised that I hardly shoot that wide when I'm using a compact. The range in G7 suits my shooting style better. It's up to individuals ... what do you prefer? Do not just base on the owners' views here ... decide for yourself.

Bottomline, both are good compacts. The GRD is much more compact and pocketable and yes, I do sometimes miss the wide angle in it :p

Handling wise, I'll go for G7 as it's bigger and heavier ... feels more solid in my hands (but not in my pocket)

personally i would choose the canon g7 because i need the movie mode in g7 and the zoom range in the cam. but that doesn't mean I don't like the gr. The gr feels nicer in my hands (more compact too) and the wide lens (and fast) is something not to be missed if you are into landscape or street photography. each has diff pros/cons.

i agree with Ndroo that its comes down to whether you like zoom or wide as both cameras are equally good. Ricoh GR is a unique camera and there is nothing like it. However if you looking at the features of G7, I think you should also consider Nikon Coolpix P5000 which look like a strong contender.

thanks for all reply.

i check out that it would cost me ard $1200 for the G7 + 21mm wide lens + tripod. I like the G7 becoz of the zoom and design.

i also check out at the IT show that the GR + external view finder + wide conversion lens + hood + adaptor would cost me ard $1199. Only thing that GR no zoom or use human zoom. :)

argh....so hard to decide.....

cheers

thanks for all reply.

i check out that it would cost me ard $1200 for the G7 + 21mm wide lens + tripod. I like the G7 becoz of the zoom and design.

i also check out at the IT show that the GR + external view finder + wide conversion lens + hood + adaptor would cost me ard $1199. Only thing that GR no zoom or use human zoom. :)

argh....so hard to decide.....

cheers

The G7 costs only about $860 with free 1GB. What 21mm wide lens are you referring to? :eek:

they qouted me G7 $860 + canon 21mm lens $200+ + tripod $180+

they qouted me G7 $860 + canon 21mm lens $200+ + tripod $180+

wah lao... what kinda tripod is it that needs $200? the G7 so light, do you really need such an expensive tripod? BTW, which shop did you get the price from? sounds attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.